Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration

Hello, and thank you all

I have used this forum for a long time now and am so appreciative of all of it's subscribers for there postings and advice, opinions and conjecture.

I have a 1990 two door LN130 which I have now owned for ten years, and alas I managed to blow the head last year. Pure negligence on my part Just plain lazy!

This year however, I have been convinced by a mechanic friend to restore my faithful old Surf, and not consign him to the wreckers. For the last three months I have been working on my truck in my spare time (not enough!), and have found a huge amount of enjoyment, and learning from the experience. Today I have booked him in for the respray!! I can't wait!! The journey has been great and I have loved every minute of it. As a relocated kiwi boy I figure I've got Hilux oil in my veins anyway (see Barry Crump hilux ads on youtube from NZ) but I love my truck and I'm so proud to be associated with all of the enthusiasts who continue to drive, repair, and mod one of the finest creations to come out of Japanese automotive design and desire. I even honeymooned in mine!! I acknowledge that there are a lot of enthusiastic owners of alsorts of different motor vehicles, but lets be honest, they're just deluded!! Only a Hilux Surf owner really knows

I am still working on mine and have done so much work and have come such a long way that I have documented and hope that what I have learnt can help others. I'm no expert, but if you love your surf, log on to this forum and I, like so many other enthusiasts will try to answer your questions, or ease your mind

Keep on trucking

Jae~

We need before and after pics, sounds like your putting in a lot of work and no doubt will be rewarded for it when you take it for a run with everything finished.

P.S. Wouldn't mention too much about honeymooning with your truck, most people take the wife .
    Neal

Comment

Now with all that very good info its got to be worth a measly £15 membership fee and a blue star under your username hasn't it.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        Now with all that very good info its got to be worth a measly £15 membership fee and a blue star under your username hasn't it.
        It most certainly is, I recently gained the blue star, as a show of my grattitude to all the info and help i have gained from the forum over the past few months.

Keep On Truckin!

Comment

Originally posted by imajoiner View Post
          Hello, and thank you all

I have used this forum for a long time now and am so appreciative of all of it's subscribers for there postings and advice, opinions and conjecture.

I have a 1990 two door LN130 which I have now owned for ten years, and alas I managed to blow the head last year. Pure negligence on my part Just plain lazy!

This year however, I have been convinced by a mechanic friend to restore my faithful old Surf, and not consign him to the wreckers. For the last three months I have been working on my truck in my spare time (not enough!), and have found a huge amount of enjoyment, and learning from the experience. Today I have booked him in for the respray!! I can't wait!! The journey has been great and I have loved every minute of it. As a relocated kiwi boy I figure I've got Hilux oil in my veins anyway (see Barry Crump hilux ads on youtube from NZ) but I love my truck and I'm so proud to be associated with all of the enthusiasts who continue to drive, repair, and mod one of the finest creations to come out of Japanese automotive design and desire. I even honeymooned in mine!! I acknowledge that there are a lot of enthusiastic owners of alsorts of different motor vehicles, but lets be honest, they're just deluded!! Only a Hilux Surf owner really knows

I am still working on mine and have done so much work and have come such a long way that I have documented and hope that what I have learnt can help others. I'm no expert, but if you love your surf, log on to this forum and I, like so many other enthusiasts will try to answer your questions, or ease your mind

Keep on trucking

Jae~

Just noticed this was your first post, so welcome to the forum buddy, im sure we (not me personally as I am right at the bottom of the learning curve about Surfs, only had mine for a few 7 weeks) have all the answers to all the questions you have. The members on here have helped me out loads.

If your truck is ready in time why not bring her along to the Jap n Jeep Jam and Avalanche 2010???
          Keep On Truckin!

Comment

A big thank you!

Thanks for the warm welcome, and I completely agree about joining the forum and will do so next pay day. Right after that I will indeed post some piccies as the truck is now booked in for the respray for the week commencing the 31st. I can't wait!! As an aside does anybody have a good condition back bumper out there? I really need one! Again, thanks to you all, and happy surfing!!

Comment

what colour bumper are you after.
              Supersurf is in Plymouth so he may be able to help you on parts as your closer to him than me
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Rear bumper

G'day Stormforce. I'm looking for a chrome rear bumper.

Comment

welcome dude
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                  X