Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please couple of questions

1st question?
    Will MK3 hilux steps fit perfectly on a 2nd gen 4 door surf?

2nd question and maybe more iportant.
    How do i tell if my clutch is getting tired?
    I was stuck in a multi storey car park the other day on one of the ramps and tried to ride the clutch (maybe a bit much with 35's anyway) but for a short time I have done it before but instantly this time the clutch started to squeal!! followed by that smell!!!. is it just my bad driving? or is it time I start thinking about a new clutch?

Cheers
    Chris

no idea about steps

ya clutch will smell realy bad like very stronge sweaty feet smell cross with bad eggs if ya ride your clutch
    they all stink
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Dunno about the steps either, the clutch aint nessicerily knackered, just didn't like being ridden!! had that noise and smell hauling a fishing boat up the slipway in a transit van, the van went on ok till i sold it with no clutch problems, when it slips while your driveing and under acceleration then it's time to think about a new'un,
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Don't know about the steps, but i hve a set of 2nd Gen if you need them.

Clutch sounds like it didn't like being ridden on the slope, probably due to the 35's. If you want to check it out try pulling off on the level in 3rd/4th and see if the motor stalls.

Comment

Working...
        X