yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hilux Surf Desktop Wallpaper, I'd like some!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilux Surf Desktop Wallpaper, I'd like some!

Hi Guys, it occurs to me that there are a number of excellent examples of Surfs on this site, both stock and heavily modified, and other than the occasional 'look at my truck' posts, avatars and tiny images elsewhere there aren't any decent pictures.

I run 2 x 24" monitors at work and I like to regularly change my desktop wallpaper and I really like to have a single picture across both screens, the major problem occurs when the content of the image is the wrong shape or the picture is small and when stretched to 3840 x 1200px it looks rubbish!

Does anyone have a link to a gallery or any pictures they'd like to let me use to cut about for my wallpapers?

I've got a new camera and will take some of my own at some point but having pictures of my own truck on the desktop is a bit narcissistic!

I've looked through the photo competition pages and there is a really good one a while back of a yellow Surf on the left hand side with loads of hill and sky in the background out in the middle of nowhere which is perfect but I don't like taking things without permission.

Thanks,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Ray,
    Do you have any photo editing software? If you have a spanned display like ?I think you do (both screens is one screen) then why not make two photos the resolution of one screen (i.e. resizing) and then use the photo editing program (photoshop would be excellent) to make those two photos one large wide image. That way, when you make that your desktop you have two images, one on each display.
    The resolution you get with the stretched display is quite big and an odd shape. Even a 5mp camera's image wouldnt be full size on width using that resolution.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

try this if you want to make a collection of images i can blow them up, down size them and join them....

a few HiDef wallpapers

http://wallbase.net
      Last edited by BigBobE; 6 May 2010, 17:54.

Comment

Look on the main site under off road galleries and user galleries lots of pics there

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/index.php
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          Ray,
          Do you have any photo editing software? If you have a spanned display like ?I think you do (both screens is one screen) then why not make two photos the resolution of one screen (i.e. resizing) and then use the photo editing program (photoshop would be excellent) to make those two photos one large wide image. That way, when you make that your desktop you have two images, one on each display.
          The resolution you get with the stretched display is quite big and an odd shape. Even a 5mp camera's image wouldnt be full size on width using that resolution.
          Yeah, I use Photoshop most of each day.
          I have different pics on each desktop most of the time but there's something special about one picture across two screens!
          I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

look for the Pyrenees pics from last August / September. Some scenic shots there.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
            X