• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Aisin Hubs on Ebay US

Hi All
    Just spotted these
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-...Q5fAccessories
    They look like they could do with a clean and repaint but £43+p&p dosent sound to bad.
    Would have liked to have got them but the wife just spent £500 on a new pushchair and carseat for the bubs on the way. So I thought I would share.

Ollie
    If in doubt, get a bigger hammer.

Nice and cheap but the build quality in comparison to WARN hubs just aint the same imho.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
      Nice and cheap but the build quality in comparison to WARN hubs just aint the same imho.
      I've always seen reference to Aisins being the strongest - Have you tried both types ?

(I have warns btw)

Cheers,
      Rob.

Comment

I've had both in my hands, I use warns and have seen the Aisins give up on a truck off road, they were fixed ok later though.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

It's good to know the Warns are up there with the strongest

Comment

Originally posted by OllieNZ View Post
            Hi All
            Just spotted these
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-...Q5fAccessories
            They look like they could do with a clean and repaint but £43+p&p dosent sound to bad.
            Would have liked to have got them but the wife just spent £500 on a new pushchair and carseat for the bubs on the way. So I thought I would share.

Ollie
            You'll probably drop to the floor when you get the cost of shipping. Mostly, items cost a fortune to ship from stateside. I'd suggest asking seller for a quote before you get carried away!

Comment

You'll probably drop to the floor when you get the cost of shipping. Mostly, items cost a fortune to ship from stateside. I'd suggest asking seller for a quote before you get carried away!
              I hadnt really considered that, any idea what it could be? Not such a biggie for me as we get stuff in from the states at work, the boss probably would have let me slip these in.

Ollie
              If in doubt, get a bigger hammer.

Comment

I prefer the Aisins personally, never read anywhere on the net in years about the Warns being better? Most US rockcrawlers prefer the Aisins, its just they are mega expensive from Toyota so most people get others.

Don't forget the Aisins will have been on the truck from the factory and have all the miles the truck has on them, and warn hubs on a truck will be recently new.

My old pickup with a V8 and 35" boggers couldn't break 1981 built Aisin hubs on the truck, thats good enough for me.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I suppose the question is Tony - would Warns have survived as well ?

Unless you do a test on both with the same conditions then it's all jibber jabber, as Mr T would say....

Comment

always sets for sale on yotatech..most guys will ship over here. Had a refurbed set lined up for $70 posted but I was too slow off the mark

Comment

yeah, I got mine from the US for about £50, but was just before our trip to the Rubicon, so got a mate from Pirate4x4 to hold on to them till we got there. Then they came home with us, along with a ARB and other stuff...

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                      X