Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
    Top tip
    Changed my bearing including seals and its still leaking.
    will look tomorrow
    but you have a 3rd Gen, did you hammer the ABS ring and the bit the seal runs on all the way on (bad), or only up to the right distance from the wheel flange (good)?

The ABS ring dosn't touch the first ring behind the bearing.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      but you have a 3rd Gen, did you hammer the ABS ring and the bit the seal runs on all the way on (bad), or only up to the right distance from the wheel flange (good)?

The ABS ring dosn't touch the first ring behind the bearing.
      If I remember correctly, the correct distance. I remember that I thought the bearing wasnt on all the way as there was loads of play (in and out) but thats where it stopped. Had it pressed on btw.
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
        If I remember correctly, the correct distance. I remember that I thought the bearing wasnt on all the way as there was loads of play (in and out) but thats where it stopped. Had it pressed on btw.
        OK, cool, you'd be surprised how many 3rd gens and prado's i've fixed after even the main dealer has changed the bearing and just pressed the ABS stuff up to the bearing, so the seal misses the collar it runs on

breather sounds suspect then
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          OK, cool, you'd be surprised how many 3rd gens and prado's i've fixed after even the main dealer has changed the bearing and just pressed the ABS stuff up to the bearing, so the seal misses the collar it runs on

breather sounds suspect then
          nope
          breather fine, oh well
          I'll take the shaft out in a few weeks with a new seal in hand
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
          X