Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSRG - LSD as standard

Hi,

would y'all agree with this link that my SSRG has a LSD as standard despite not containing a No 5 on the chassis plate?

http://www.carvector.com/index.php?catalog&id=40212

Also, can anyone tell me what size of sockets I need for changing all engine, transmission, and diff oils?

cheers

stu
    If yer ma comes fae Buckie yi must be unlucky!

3rd Gen have a different axle code, ie, A01B

A = 7.5"
    B = 8"

01 = 3.42
    02 = 3.58
    03 = 4.10
    04 = 4.56
    05 = 3.15
    06 = 3.91

A = 2 Pinion, Open
    B = 4 Pinion, Open
    C = 2 Pinion, OEM Limited Slip

3rd Gen axle codes are reported to be a little random, and not to trust them with out checking physically first.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi,

My plate say AO2B - which contadicts that car vector data says it has a LSD as standard.

How do I physically check it?

cheers

Comment

To check, chock the front wheels to prevent vehicle rolling, jack up both rear wheels, put the transmission in neutral and turn one of the rear wheels. If the other one turns the same way you have lsd, if it turns the opposite way you have an open diff.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by stukaneche View Post
          Hi,

My plate say AO2B - which contadicts that car vector data says it has a LSD as standard.

How do I physically check it?

cheers
          Check it like Nev says, I wouldn't trust much info on a site like that, Jap cars are notroiusly randomly spec'ed, and you can never go by the SSR, SR, SSR-G etc...... to tell what you have.

Comment

cheers guys.

do you have the socket sizes etc for changing the oils? I need to go out and buy this kit you see as I plan on doing the basic servicing ma sel

cheers

Stu

Comment

24mm for the diffs on a LN130 and 14mm for the sump. The third generation has a hex drive (10 and 12mm I believe) on the front diff but not sure about the rest.

Nev

Comment

Ive just done all mine. As Nev says the front diff has hex plugs Drain 10mm fill 12mm drain ( or vice versa) Centre and rear are standard plugs. They are somewhere in the 20s, Nevs 24mm may be correct but even if its not its in that region 20-24
                An LSD diff should have a sticker on it saying LSD. Mine has and my 2nd gen also had the sticker. I know thats not definitive as they can fall off but its worth a wee shuftie.

Bogus
                Last edited by Bogus; 5 May 2010, 15:34.
                Сви можемо

Comment

Hi, I have just had a look underneath and there is a sticker on the rear diff saying "LSD OIL ONLY"

I guess that saves me jacking it up using the jack from under the rear seat which was looking to be quite a task!

cheers all

Comment

Diff Breather.

A little bit of advice, whilst your down there checking your diffs, check that the diff breather is free to rotate!
                    I've just had to change my r/h 1/2 shaft oil seals and bearing, reason? The breather was corroded up, I can't see why it would have blown the diff oil out otherwise. That goes for anybody who has'nt already checked theirs! I told my buddy to check his, and that was corroded solid. (just grab it with the grips and it should work free.)

Comment

Thanks ..I take it its located at the top of the diff, what does it look like.. a bolt..

Back in the day Baby

Comment

its just a thin metal cap that should be loose fitting.Its on the top as you said.
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers - i checked and its free. It like a sintered bronze jobbie

Comment

Originally posted by swampy View Post
                            A little bit of advice, whilst your down there checking your diffs, check that the diff breather is free to rotate!
                            I've just had to change my r/h 1/2 shaft oil seals and bearing, reason? The breather was corroded up, I can't see why it would have blown the diff oil out otherwise. That goes for anybody who has'nt already checked theirs! I told my buddy to check his, and that was corroded solid. (just grab it with the grips and it should work free.)
                            Its normally because the bearing is worn, and the shaft can move around and so oil gets past the seal. but yes, the breather needs to be free to.

Most breathers are corroded up when I see them, but a squirt of WD40 and a wriggle normally frees the spring and seal inside.

Comment

Top tip
                              Changed my bearing including seals and its still leaking.
                              will look tomorrow
                              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Working...
                              X