Check my maths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check my maths

I've been out trying to measure up the truck for some new shoes. It's a little more difficult than I thought it would be.

I have tried to measure from the hub to the wheel arch line and it's somewhere around the 6" mark but I can't be exact. Does anyone know this?

I thought well if I cant do that accurately I'll measure around the wheel on there now.
    The Toyota 3rd gen alloys I have are 7" wide, and I worked out they have a positive offset of around 1" (26mm?)
    So, The 30mm spacers I have (1.25") plus the 3" (roughly) of the forward facing rim, plus I have about 1.75" left of distance between the rim and the arch line would make 3 + 1.25 + 1.75 = 6"

So, a 10" wide rim with a -43 offset would show .75" of rim beyond the wheel arch because -43 offset is around 1.75" which would mean 6.75" from the bolt holes to the edge of the rim.

Am I going mad?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Tony.

Can I suggest the following. Go outside, take a wheel off. When you have done this, fit a wheel spacer and the 3rd gen wheel.measure it then.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

That's what I did do mate :/
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
        Am I going mad?
        Don't know but I'm totally confused.

Try this.

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Just do the calculation on the two rims and then work out what effect the spacers have after.

Nev

Comment

Been trying to find the offset for the factory rims and the best i have come up with is +15mm. Not sure if that is correct though.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ic.php?t=24315

Nev
          Last edited by NiftyNev; 1 May 2010, 14:38.

Comment

Thanks Nev!
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
            X