Omfg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omfg

I have just paid 245 quid for road tax on the surf for 12 months when it should be £405!!So I am gonna get ####ed to celebrate yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

Has there been an increase? what makes you think it should be 405?

I paid £190 last time which was August 09.

I take it the £245 was a band K over 225g/km co2

EDIT;
    Just checked the Direct Gov site mate looks like they have over charged you

Cars registered before 1 March 2001 (based on engine size)

not over 1549 = £125
    over 1549 = £205

They owe you £40 mate.

THE 13 BANDS based on emissions is for cars registered after March 2001
    Only 4th gen surfs are new enough to fall into that category
    Last edited by yoshie; 30 April 2010, 16:39.
    Brian

Comment

I thought it was for 2002 and above.
      You should still get pi**ed though as tomorrow is 1st of May.
      International workers day etc.
      May the proletariat rise again.
      Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

looks like the cost has gone up again, also the engine size brackets!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...le/DG_10012524

Comment

Mine is a 2006 import so comes under new ripoff tax law,I have always paid £405 for 12 mths or £222.75 for 6. co2 is 252g/km.I have a tax reminder here at those prices, so when I did it online it was £245 for 12 months

Comment

In 20 years time you'll get a letter from the government reading:

"Dear Sir
            We understand that you may have underpaid your car tax several years previous to this date on a (now banned) combustion engined vehicle manufactured by the now defunct Toyota motors corp.

The balance must be paid immediately including interest accumulated from the past 20years. Unfortunately due to the ridiculous interest rate rises that occurred after the election of the Tories in 2010 the balance you now are in debt of is so huge we have run out of characters on the computer. We have kindly passed the debt on to the Chinese government as they now own 98% of the UK. Their friendly staff will be round to chop your legs off shortly.

Have a nice day"

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
              Mine is a 2006 import
              We thought you was talking about the one on your signature.

noobysurfer

Vehicle: 97 ssrx 3l td silver
              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Mine is a 2006 import so comes under new ripoff tax law,I have always paid £405 for 12 mths or £222.75 for 6. co2 is 252g/km.I have a tax reminder here at those prices, so when I did it online it was £245 for 12 months

The truck was IMPORTED in 2006, that DOESN'T make it a 2006 model !
                If you've always paid £405 for 12 months, then you've ALWAYS been overcharged.
                Start claiming it back if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  The truck was IMPORTED in 2006, that DOESN'T make it a 2006 model !
                  I.
                  Not in your mind and not in mine, but theres been gazillions of posts on this before and in some cases somebody at the DVLA has chosen to use a different interpretation and If I remember the thread correctly, somebody tried every which way to force a change of mind and failed. Like the OP I,d be tempted to consider this a result and go out and get pi**ed. He could try your suggestion but what if it backfires on him ?

Bogus
                  Сви можемо

Comment

From what I know,any vehicle REGISTERED in the UK on or after 2006 comes under the higher tax which is a total farce since all the 3.0 surfs have pretty much the same emissions, but what I don't get is why on paper it says 405 and online it's 245!!

Comment

I got my reminder half way through April and it said £190 and then when I went online to pay it was £205. Robbing #######s!
                      I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

From what I know,any vehicle REGISTERED in the UK on or after 2006 comes under the higher tax which is a total farce since all the 3.0 surfs have pretty much the same emissions, but what I don't get is why on paper it says 405 and online it's 245!!
                        I suspect it was just timing. I have a letter from DVLA from late last year confirming that the rate would drop from £405 to £245 and when I checked in March I was told that the changes would not be applied to their database until they took effect in April. Just enquired into my vehicle and it is also listed as £245.

DVLA pretty much made it clear to me in March that from now on if a CO2 reading is available for a vehicle they will use it in determing the tax. When I pointed out that imported vehicles (ones that are not standard in the UK market) over 10 years old do not go through an SVA test and so no CO2 reading is available the person said that they would just have to tax is as standard (whatever that means). Clearly they have not thought this through but if I was importing again I'd make sure it was 10 years old instead of 9 years 6 months!

Comment

So what is your licence plate saying? Is it xx56 xxx ? or similar - i.e. the new type?
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                          X