Fuel Boycott May 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Boycott May 1st

Have any of you guys heard of this? If so are there any organised protests or go slows......Wonder how well this will work
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/fue...y/271352599958

Nothing ever comes of it anyway, i remember the ones we had years ago & like one of the facebook members said, it just pi$$es everyone off.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I will certainly not be buying any fuel on May 1st. Unless any of you fancy helping to push the truck or the bikes to a petrol station...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
        I will certainly not be buying any fuel on May 1st. Unless any of you fancy helping to push the truck or the bikes to a petrol station...
        I'd tow it there for ya but being only a 2.4 you'll end up pushing me

anyway these "one" day protests do f##kall, it'd take mass non buying of any fuel for weeks to make these bstds do summat about it and that aint gonna happen, when ever a protest gets serious the media set out to make the protestors look like a bunch of right wing fringe looneys as always,
        "free press"!!!!! just like a free lunch, no such thing.

just thought, anyone remember the "pipeline" discount card? that went down like a lead zepplin, on the very rare occaisions i get an email from the c##t it's more to do with flogging something than the ever ongoing progress of a cheap fuel card, he's been "got at" our Ben, f###in stone waste of white.
        (excuse the lord mayor's i'm feeling well pi$$ed off of late)
        Last edited by POPEYE; 30 April 2010, 08:39.
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

There was a good idea going around before, only boycott one station, Shell or BP for instance. That way you can still buy your fuel and go about your business as normal but if that company suffers they have to drop their price to attract customers as with any other type of product sale.
          Keep going until that company has forced their price down (and everyone else along with it) to a sensible price.

Sounds good intheory but people are too bothered about their own convenience to bother I expect.

Thanks,

Ray.
          I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
            There was a good idea going around before, only boycott one station, Shell or BP for instance. That way you can still buy your fuel and go about your business as normal but if that company suffers they have to drop their price to attract customers as with any other type of product sale.
            Keep going until that company has forced their price down (and everyone else along with it) to a sensible price.

Sounds good intheory but people are too bothered about their own convenience to bother I expect.

Thanks,

Ray.
            Your dead right, it would work only if EVERYONE did it. plus as they all get their fuel from the same source and many garages are own'd by the same co it would be difficult to know what garage to boycot and which to use,
            the idea behind this pipeline card was to do a deal with a particular fuel company and give a discount to members holding the card, thus the company gets more customers and the member gets a discount good idea and i think it worked in scandiavia or some place but it never took off here, possibly due to the heavy tax we have on our fuel,
            only deal i see actually working now is my sons business fuel card, same idea but only good if you run a business, when he fills up the recipt shows it at the pump price say £1.23, but they get invoiced for £ 1. 10, thats an example, dunno the actual price,
            you'll never get people standing together here, the exception possibly being the old "poll tax" and even then some stupid sods said it was a good idea,
            every time thers a fuel protest they wheel out some c##t who proclaims "i think fuel shoud be expensive, it'll stop people useing their cars when they dont need to" what they dont say is that if everyone stopped useing their cars the fuel would go up even more to cover the loss or tax and profiet and the price of stuff in the shops would go through the roof, i dont use the truck unless i have to, but on occaision i do drive it for pleasure, wouldn'y even have it if i needed to use it for commuting etc,
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
              only boycott one station, Shell or BP for instance. That way you can still buy your fuel and go about your business as normal but if that company suffers they have to drop their price to attract customers as with any other type of product sale.
              You really have no idea what you're talking about here.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                You really have no idea what you're talking about here.

Thanks, but it wasn't my idea.

Comment

You said it was a good idea though. In reality, it's misinformed garbage.

Comment

Just for kicks, why is it misinformed garbage?
                    When I sell something at work and someone else has it cheaper I either have to lower the sale price or lose the sale, how is this different.

(I've just put on my flame suit!)

Honestly though, why is this industry different? Is it just because the overall price is made up of more than just purchase cost + profit margin? Ie government tax, fluctuating oil prices which make it not viable?

Thanks,

Ray.

Comment

How much do you reckon an oil company (not the retail outlet) makes from a litre of fuel?

Comment

I Boycotted buying any fuel over 6 months ago ... but others are not so fortunate

Jess

"Cos short cuts cost more in the long run"
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                          How much do you reckon an oil company (not the retail outlet) makes from a litre of fuel?
                          I have no idea, that's why I'm asking for an explanation.
                          Last edited by lord_flashart; 30 April 2010, 12:48.

Comment

No government will reduce fuel duty, they all need the revenue so much... rumours are flying around at £1.50 a litre coming... I read before that's a figure that does frighten the politicians with regard to public reaction...I can't be arsed looking up the quote but £1.50 is the tipping point.
                            Last edited by Vultch; 30 April 2010, 13:25.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Handy site that shows what money goes where: http://www.petrolprices.com/price-of-petrol.html

Comment

Working...
                              X