No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,
    Now I am able to post. I'll be a first time owner of a surf and fancy the one with the lifting tailgate, the Gen 3. I've seen a SSRG new shape. Will someone please tell me, does this model have cruise control for those long motorway miles. I've seen some of these with a scoop on the bonnet for the intercooler, is there a significant advantage to having the intercooler in either performance or economy. So many questions and I'm sure there will be more.
    Help me out here folks.

get a SSR-G if you can and get an intercooled version if you can aswell. cruise is an option available on all models but not very common.
    which ever you get you will be pleased, just beware of the grin factor
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

i just bought a 1999 ssrx 3rd gen intercooled and its bl00dy great .I wasn't aone for the 3rd gens but i needed something quick and able to tow a decent wieght.I must admit it was even better once i saw it and drove it 300m home and was better than i even thought it would be
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by jeffo View Post
        Hi everyone,
        Now I am able to post. I'll be a first time owner of a surf and fancy the one with the lifting tailgate, the Gen 3. I've seen a SSRG new shape. Will someone please tell me, does this model have cruise control for those long motorway miles. I've seen some of these with a scoop on the bonnet for the intercooler, is there a significant advantage to having the intercooler in either performance or economy. So many questions and I'm sure there will be more.
        Help me out here folks.
        welcome to the site.
        Yes the intercooled version will be a bit more powerful, however you will pay a premium.
        Cruise is optional and rare as mentioned above.

Where abouts in Lancs. are you?

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        i just bought a 1999 ssrx 3rd gen intercooled and its bl00dy great .I wasn't aone for the 3rd gens but i needed something quick and able to tow a decent wieght.I must admit it was even better once i saw it and drove it 300m home and was better than i even thought it would be
        welcome to the 'shiny' side.
        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Thanks so far chaps. Stormforce with your intercooler version is it a lot better than the non intercooler ones you might have tried or needn't I worry about such things. I don't tow very often but would be gettin a tow bar. Saw one on Autotrader and the ad talked of the winter pack, what extras would these be? Then I know what I'm looking for.

Comment

why thankyou mr bps.
            i was lucky to of bought mine on from a guy on the forum and paid 4.5k for it but i was in the right place at the right time when he advertised it and jumped at it

Comment

Blackpoolsparks, I'm in blackburn. By pay a premium do you mean greater fuel consumption. I suppose that'd be right if bootin it but cruising I understand that the air drawn through the intercooler is denser because it's colder so more air a better burn?

Comment

Thanks so far chaps. Stormforce with your intercooler version is it a lot better than the non intercooler ones you might have tried or needn't I worry about such things. I don't tow very often but would be gettin a tow bar. Saw one on Autotrader and the ad talked of the winter pack, what extras would these be? Then I know what I'm looking for.
                i had never driven a 3rd gen before and i was really suprised by the power of it and it really put my old 2nd gen to shame to be honest.
                Its got a quicker responce on the throttle
                The winter pack is that the truck will have 2 batteries and a rear heater for the passengers in the back.Mine doesn't have this option and only one battery.If you can get an intercooled one then go for it but its not the end of the world if you can't.The intercooled models are harder and rarer to get hold of but they do look alot better.If you do a search in the general section under the title of My New Truck you will see the one i bought and collected weekend just gone.I got 30.2mpg and on a journey of 325m i used 3/4 of a tank which i was well impressed with

Comment

welcome dude
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Hi everyone,
                    Now I am able to post. I'll be a first time owner of a surf and fancy the one with the lifting tailgate, the Gen 3. I've seen a SSRG new shape.
                    All the tailgates lift, 2nd gens hinge from the bottom when they're open, turd gens from the top when they're closed...
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                    X