Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes< How Much For Atf Cooler

Originally posted by nigel129 View Post
    How much, and will it have all the bits to reconnect it ??
    thanks
    nigel
    PS Basically ill have to give it to a mechanic and hope he capable or knowledgeable enough to fit it.
    BUMP
    Last edited by nigel129; 27 April 2010, 18:13. Reason: FOR ATTN OF STORMFORCE
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

Comment

BUMP
      Sorry Nigel.Yep it s all that needs doing is fixing in place with a couple of small bolts and it has the 2 pipes to connect to the original metal pipes for the atf and then all you need to do is attach the 2 pipes from the bottom of the rad to the cooler.There is nothing to it really.Its small and this one is tucked bebind the bumper/valance so it still gets a good airflow
      What you think £35 delivered.
      If so you will need to give me a few days as i got so much on as i havent had chance to strip parts from my broken truck yet and i have a bit of backlog to get through this week
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Easy enough job to fit an ATF cooler, if I can do it any one can. In fact I've done it twice now, cos I put a new rad on later. I got a kit from kenlow, cooler and pipework,connectors. Think it cost about a £100, couldnt find one that would fit at the local breakers yard. Worth it though, even just for the pease of mind when towing. As I recall it was just a matter of cutting the two pipes running into and out of the rad oil cooler and connecting the new cooler so that the ATF is cooled before it goes through the rad............anyway just make sure that the new oilcooler is before the rad. Locate the ATF cooler just below the radiator so it sits just below the bumper.Honest it was easy, hardest part was getting the bash plate off and lowering the aircon radiator. Im sure ther was a post somewhere on here that had photos

Spoggle

Comment

Originally posted by Alamo View Post
          Apache - Did you just site the ATF cooler at the same height as the gearbox? I'd have thought it would have to be roughly similar, possibly lower but not higher, otherwise the ATF level would be screwed up.

Alan
          If you fit it with the connectors up, the level will only be changed by the amount in the pipes for the time when the engine isn't running. In other words, doesn't really matter. The rad will stay full, so just add that much more fluid. Simples!

Thats the way I did it, and had no issues in 3 years. Mine was level with the bumper.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            Sorry Nigel.Yep it s all that needs doing is fixing in place with a couple of small bolts and it has the 2 pipes to connect to the original metal pipes for the atf and then all you need to do is attach the 2 pipes from the bottom of the rad to the cooler.There is nothing to it really.Its small and this one is tucked bebind the bumper/valance so it still gets a good airflow
            What you think £35 delivered.
            If so you will need to give me a few days as i got so much on as i havent had chance to strip parts from my broken truck yet and i have a bit of backlog to get through this week
            Hi Storm, can give you more than a few days if needed, ill need to sort out funds transfer, how do you take payment?
            Im in no imediate rush so long as i get it for end of june, but as ill have to find someone to fit it, itll be sooner rather that later(not last min at any rate).
            How does it differ from the one Andy from Porthcawl fitted, with all the pics he included on his post? Not as much dismantling of the front end im hopeing.
            So consider it sold, let me know when you have it removed, and if ill need to source any other bits for who ever ends up fitting it.l
            Thanks
            nigel

PS a couple of pics b4 you take it off might be handy, if you have time.
            Last edited by nigel129; 27 April 2010, 19:36.

Comment

Thats ideal Nigel as it will give me chance to catch up on things then i will sort it out for you.I will get some pics asap for you with it fitted etc.You shouldn't need to get anything apart from a couple of jubilee clips unless there are still on the pipes but thats all and maybe a couple of small nuts and bolts to fix it in place.I would say a max 30 mins to fit it

Comment

Thats ideal Nigel as it will give me chance to catch up on things then i will sort it out for you.I will get some pics asap for you with it fitted etc.You shouldn't need to get anything apart from a couple of jubilee clips unless there are still on the pipes but thats all and maybe a couple of small nuts and bolts to fix it in place.I would say a max 30 mins to fit it
                Thatll be great, let me know if you need my contact details and ill pm them to you by return wen your ready.
                nigel
                ps dont forget bank hols are time off for Hilux geniuses as well. Dont work to hard.

Comment

Thatll be great, let me know if you need my contact details and ill pm them to you by return wen your ready.
                  nigel
                  ps dont forget bank hols are time off for Hilux geniuses as well. Dont work to hard.
                  i won't have chance to have any time off as i got so many wanting parts that have been paid for and i couldn't sort them till i got my truck back to the workshop.It looks like i will have a real busy week ahead of me

Comment

i won't have chance to have any time off as i got so many wanting parts that have been paid for and i couldn't sort them till i got my truck back to the workshop.It looks like i will have a real busy week ahead of me
                    Mine can wait two or three weeks if it helps, BUT DONT FORGET ME.
                    nigel

Comment

Mine can wait two or three weeks if it helps, BUT DONT FORGET ME.
                      nigel
                      He has forgoten me .
                      Neal

Comment

Working...
                      X