X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I Buy A Atf Cooler

If i can find a ATF cooler, like this, or similar,
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36364

(Anyone know where to get one,Lovely Boyos link dead)

Is there anyone localish to South Wales whod be prepared to fit it for me (at a cost obviously) before i tow again at the begining of July. Andy would have been handy,in Porthcawl but he doesnt seem to have posted for some time.
    Anyone interested can supply and fit if it makes it worth their while more.
    Before you ask, No im definitely not capable of doing it myself,.
    Thanks, Quotes can be PMd to me if you prefer.
    Nigel
    Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but it looks very similar to the one in Lovely Boyos post, and is made by the same company. Unfortunately it would have to be sent from the USA so I'm not sure if that may cause any problems with customs etc.

Sorry I can't recommend anyone to help with fitting in your neck of the woods. I've been struggling to find someone in my area who can positively diagnose the long standing problem I've had with my own truck.

Alan
    If at first you don't succeed,
    Destroy all evidence that you even tried.

Comment

Originally posted by nigel129 View Post
      If i can find a ATF cooler, like this, or similar,
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36364

(Anyone know where to get one,Lovely Boyos link dead)

Is there anyone localish to South Wales whod be prepared to fit it for me (at a cost obviously) before i tow again at the begining of July. Andy would have been handy,in Porthcawl but he doesnt seem to have posted for some time.
      Anyone interested can supply and fit if it makes it worth their while more.
      Before you ask, No im definitely not capable of doing it myself,.
      Thanks, Quotes can be PMd to me if you prefer.
      Nigel
      Any friendly local garage should be able to fit something like that. Your best bet is to pop in to see them & have a chat (or phone them).

Comment

Originally posted by Alamo View Post
        Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but it looks very similar to the one in Lovely Boyos post, and is made by the same company. Unfortunately it would have to be sent from the USA so I'm not sure if that may cause any problems with customs etc.

Sorry I can't recommend anyone to help with fitting in your neck of the woods. I've been struggling to find someone in my area who can positively diagnose the long standing problem I've had with my own truck.

Alan
        Thanks Al, sent them a message to see if it comes complete with all the bits.No reply at mo, but the dam yanks are bidding on it, buy the time you add p&p its going out of buget.

Comment

Thanks Al, sent them a message to see if it comes complete with all the bits.No reply at mo, but the dam yanks are bidding on it, buy the time you add p&p its going out of buget.
          The buy it now price is hardly outrageous, and I somehow doubt that they only have the one available, its a company and seems that they sell stuff like this as a living.

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
            The buy it now price is hardly outrageous, and I somehow doubt that they only have the one available, its a company and seems that they sell stuff like this as a living.

Bogus
            Ive also found this
            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MakeTrack=true

but im not sure what i need, size, hose bore, no of rows etc. Any help?

nigel

Comment

Seriously - SPEAK TO A LOCAL GARAGE! An ATF cooler is pretty common to fit on vehicles that do towing. I remember my dad getting one fitted (along with an extra fan on the radiator) on a Citroen BX automatic he used to find problematic when towing a caravan.

They'll be able to find a decent option to fit your budget (whether it be suggesting you get a second hand unit or whatever) and given that you're not going to fit it yourself they'll probably be better placed to work out what you really need.

Comment

Spoke to a friend who lives in Sth Africa a few nights ago. Although he wasn't specifically talking about the Surf, he did say that it was quite common there to fit an oil cooler like this

salvaged from a Citroen 2CV. I don't know what is involved in doing this but it might be worth looking into.

Alan

Comment

I fitted a 2nd hand engine oil cooler as an ATF cooler to mine. Cost all of a tenner and a few hours straightforward work, and worked wonders!
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Apache - Did you just site the ATF cooler at the same height as the gearbox? I'd have thought it would have to be roughly similar, possibly lower but not higher, otherwise the ATF level would be screwed up.

Alan

Comment

I have a good atf cooler on one of the breakers which i was gonna fit on mine but now i'm a hairdresser its need needed.let me know if your interested
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Alamo View Post
                        Apache - Did you just site the ATF cooler at the same height as the gearbox? I'd have thought it would have to be roughly similar, possibly lower but not higher, otherwise the ATF level would be screwed up.

Alan
                        Interesting point to remember,cheers Al

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                          I have a good atf cooler on one of the breakers which i was gonna fit on mine but now i'm a hairdresser its need needed.let me know if your interested
                          How much, and will it have all the bits to reconnect it ??
                          thanks
                          nigel
                          PS Basically ill have to give it to a mechanic and hope he capable or knowledgeable enough to fit it.

Comment

PS Basically ill have to give it to a mechanic and hope he capable or knowledgeable enough to fit it.
                            Which is why I'm saying "speak to a garage about it".

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                              Which is why I'm saying "speak to a garage about it".
                              I was under the impression it was a MOD specific to Hilux Surf owners and not sure if theyd know what to do with it, properly at any rate. Stormforce has got one for me as soon as he gets back to me with a price etc.
                              nigel
                              PS been looking at Andys post illustrating fitting it and may ask my father in law to watch over my shoulder and MIGHT have a go myself, but more probably will find someone.

Comment

Working...
                              X