the 3.0 is the same as the 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Roughtrax or Stevo are the people to contact when your head cracks.
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

The ST205 rally car used a panel / airbox, and no, its not goverened by homologation rules.

Strictly speaking, the GT4 uses a charge cooler (air to water) as that means the path from turbo to throttle body can be shorter than with a front mount air intercooler, and the topmount air intercoolers (where the chargecooler is now) were found to be 'interwarmers' on the ST185 GT-Four (the model before mine), so the Carlos Sainz version of the ST185 used a similar air / water charge cooler to the ST205 (mine).

Just cant help thinking that Toyota's millions of pounds of research budget probably results in the best compromise. The imported ST205s have ~270bhp-280bhp depending on who's figures you believe, guys with front mounts reckon they are getting nearly 300 with no other modifications - but buckets of lag from what amounts to about 6ft of extra piping.

Personally, I like the boost to be there immediately rather than sometime after the spotty git in the Saxo is 30 yards down the road ahead of you.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
        I like the Pshhh, when I hear one.
        Say that after a few hundred miles of hearing it every ###### gear change! You'll soon get sick of wondering if the guy who was next to you at the lights is mouthing 'w@nker' at you in your rear view mirror

The Blitz dump valve I took of and replaced with an OEM recirculating one was actually DESIGNED to be very loud!! Can you believe that?! Next I'll be shaving my head, getting covered in tribal tattoos (me AND the car) and changing my name to Vin.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Say that after a few hundred miles of hearing it every ###### gear change! You'll soon get sick of wondering if the guy who was next to you at the lights is mouthing 'w@nker' at you in your rear view mirror

The Blitz dump valve I took of and replaced with an OEM recirculating one was actually DESIGNED to be very loud!! Can you believe that?! Next I'll be shaving my head, getting covered in tribal tattoos (me AND the car) and changing my name to Vin.
          I thought you did shave your head!

You fitted that gasket yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Roughtrax or Stevo are the people to contact when your head cracks.
            Moving an air filter wont crack a head.
            But thanks for the info all the same.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
              Moving an air filter wont crack a head.
              But thanks for the info all the same.

Sucking extremely hot air into the combustion chambers won't give it longevity either.
              But hey, you obviously know what you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

There is a fine line between nice and OTT.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                  There is a fine line between nice and OTT.
                  yea
                  and I always seem to straddle that line
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                    yea
                    and I always seem to straddle that line
                    and it always comes back to hit you in arse!

Hot air from engine bay isn't going to overheat engine, its nothing compared to the temp of the turbo as it passes through, I doubt a CAI would really notice any difference either.

You'll get higher combustion temps from a disconnected EGR, than worry about underbonnet intake temps.

Fit an intercooler, its the only cheap(ish) mod really worth the effort.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                    X