Just To Confirm ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just To Confirm ......

..... that this is the air conditioning pump and the belt I have arrowed is okay to cut off?

The pump bearing has developed an intermittent squeal so the easy cure is to remove the belt. The air con doesn't work anyway.
    Attached Files
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

yup don't think it will do any harm to it, i've just taken the whole air con system off as mine had nothing in it lol
    need more power! ;-)

Comment

Cut mine no probs. Took the pump and rest of the crap out as well
      My other cars a QUAD
      (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
      http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Mines icy cold.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          Mines icy cold.
          But what about your air con?

Comment

I look forward to using mine when we have this supposed heat wave this year

Just out of interest, why not have it regassed instead of removing it all? I see last year that quick-fit guarantee to make your air con cooler or your money back. Not sure of the clauses, and usually quick fit are incompetant so I wouldn't normally "recommend" them. If you can call it that
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Actually I wouldn't mind having the air con fixed but I don't know what's wrong with it. It has never worked since I bought the truck 4 years ago.

My main concern would be the pump bearing as I don't know if it's replacable. For the time being though the quick solution to the noisy bearing is to remove the drive belt.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, does the surf air con have a pollen filter hidden away somewhere, I know my celica had one that had to be changed every so often and just thought they came part and parcel with any air con system but have never found any mention of it for the surf's?
                Neal

Comment

The LN and KZN130 has a filter available for the recirculating air vent on the blower. Outside air is not filtered. Not sure about the KZN185 though. Couldn't see one in the EPC. Some did have a roof mounted cabin filter of some sort.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                    The LN and KZN130 has a filter available for the recirculating air vent on the blower. Outside air is not filtered. Not sure about the KZN185 though. Couldn't see one in the EPC. Some did have a roof mounted cabin filter of some sort.

Nev
                    Will take a look, cheers.
                    Neal

Comment

Working...
                    X