Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat

Upon doing the coolant flush today, I removed the stat so I could flush clean water through the system a few times.
    Bad thing was, when I removed the stat I lost the rubber gasket bit.. When I eventually found it (I gave up, put it all back together, burped it and drove home) it was sitting on top of some suspension component - the ring was only half a ring on one side. Looks like it has been eaten by caterpillars.

So since all of the motor factors are closed around here, and I'm not sure if rip off Halfords sell them, what are the differences between the Roughtrax stats?
    http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=164

Worst case, I will leave the truck parked up until next saturday and put a new stat in with new ring
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Assuming you've got a 3.0 just go into Halfords and ask for the thermostat for a 94 diesel 4runner and they should be able to find it.

Difference between the Roughtrax ones is that one is genuine and one is a pattern part. For the sake of a fiver, I'd go for the genuine one but I think Milners might do them cheaper.

Comment

Cheers, I went into halfords and they said they have to order them in on request, so I'll either go Milners as you suggest or Roughtrax for the genuine one.
      Not sure how the rubber got to be like that unless the previous owner or garage that worked on it couldnt seat it correctly and may be when they did the bolts up it bit the rubber..
      I was pleased to find the coolant came out relatively clean. But now I'm dripping red on the floor. As long as I don't drive it it will be okay.

I should have worn sun cream today! Got a tad sunburnt but I'm a step closer to Avalanche.. crossing things to do off my list
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
      X