Another thing broke.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another thing broke.

OK, so clutch in the bikes gone, washing machine died, DVD player doesn't, lost 2 sheds,
    And this morning truck starts with a really lumpy missfire, belching out white smoke and making percolator noises into the overflow tank. Oh, Cock. Cock ,Cock, Cock.
    it's in me shed, mate.

Thats a bugger, this'll put your scrounging skills to the test, sorting all that out with dipping the wallet!
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      Thats a bugger, this'll put your scrounging skills to the test, sorting all that out with dipping the wallet!
      I am thinking of doing a sponsored walk to work for a few months...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Charlie if the head has gone then when i take the head off the truck i just bought then that should be ok and i'm sure we can sort something out on it if you want.It will need to be tested but the truck was running perfect upto 2 weeks ago when the block went
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          Charlie if the head has gone then when i take the head off the truck i just bought then that should be ok and i'm sure we can sort something out on it if you want.It will need to be tested but the truck was running perfect upto 2 weeks ago when the block went
          That could be handy... The block went?
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
            That could be handy... The block went?
            just noticed in your profile you got a 2.4 and 3.0l.Which one will you need the head for.If the 3.0l then if TonyN don't need the one from mine then you are welcome to that but it will probably need a couple of new valves and it will need new shims.I tested the head a couple of weeks back and it was ok but the bottom end on my truck went last week and also the same on the 2.4 i bought aswell

Comment

How do you lose a shed?
              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

It's the 3 litre. The 2.4 is long deceased... The sheds were lost
                , one in a land grab by the land lord, on ruined by a flood.
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                  How do you lose a shed?
                  Greedy Landlord nicking the garden back

Comment

I cant help thinking Tony would be better at messing about with valves than me.... I will do a bit of surgery on mine and just confirm its dead, but assuming the worst, what do you want for the head? (and Tony, how much to get it ready to use?)
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I normally sell them for £220 delivered but as this one will need the valves i will do it for £150 delivered or i can send another head thats cracked so the valves can be used from that if needed all in the price if you want.
                      I need to hearr back from Tony as a customer of his isn't sure if they want a new head or 2nd hand yet

Comment

Sounds good. We shall now pause while dust settles then..
                        Cheers that man.
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

It's funny, but stripping the truck tonight, there's a goodly number of bolts that aren't overly tight....
                          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

OK.. Got the head off, and it looks like this.

So, a new head is required. Stormforce, any idea of timescale for getting a head here? I'm bored wioth walking to work already...
                            One little thing, there is water sitting in the waterways up to the top of the block despite the thermostat being removed. Is that normal, or do I have a blocked waterway? Also, pot number one is showing some heavy pitting, is that a sign of something else not quite right or nothing to worry about?
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

just waiting for Mr N to let me know if he needs the head and if not then i can get it sent up to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X