Blind Passion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blind Passion

Well, on a local trip to get a passport renewed I accidentally bought a 91 'J' reg Surf. (me and other half that is)..
    Had been looking at landies for a while having completed an off road day and always felt they were over priced and less reliable.. then.. fell for the surf.

Bought it knowing nothing and have spent numerous hours on your web site looking at what we were letting ourselves in for!!!

Worrying part is, that after paying the 50% deposit, the dealer mentioned he was going to change the radiator as he thought it had been 'bodged' in the past and was going rusty. (as well as putting a 12 mnth MOT and 3 mnth warranty - so hope all will be ok)

After checking out this site I'm thinking it may be something more serious..

Anyway.. its a 2.4TD SSX-R (I think! - Not even collected it yet!!) 5dr 90k kilometers and imported 18 mnths ago looks in good nic and looks pretty clean underneath, so if ayone has any words of wisdom (Or warning) Please give me a shout..

All advise would be (very) gratefully received..

Thanks and by for now.. PM2

If everything is true...its good that the dealer is changing the rad...just make sure that the warranty covers the head replacement etc...many a topic discussion on this if you search for it
    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by PM2
      Well, on a local trip to get a passport renewed I accidentally bought a 91 'J' reg Surf. (me and other half that is)..
      Had been looking at landies for a while having completed an off road day and always felt they were over priced and less reliable.. then.. fell for the surf.

Bought it knowing nothing and have spent numerous hours on your web site looking at what we were letting ourselves in for!!!

Worrying part is, that after paying the 50% deposit, the dealer mentioned he was going to change the radiator as he thought it had been 'bodged' in the past and was going rusty. (as well as putting a 12 mnth MOT and 3 mnth warranty - so hope all will be ok)

After checking out this site I'm thinking it may be something more serious..

Anyway.. its a 2.4TD SSX-R (I think! - Not even collected it yet!!) 5dr 90k kilometers and imported 18 mnths ago looks in good nic and looks pretty clean underneath, so if ayone has any words of wisdom (Or warning) Please give me a shout..

All advise would be (very) gratefully received..

Thanks and by for now.. PM2
      I would think that the fact that he's changing the rad would give you enough ammo to claim for the head should anything happen.
      Check its undersealed
      Coolant flush
      Oil & Filter change
      Really the basic stuff you do to any second hand car you buy, I know the dealers say they have done it all anyway, but theres nothing like doing it yourself so you know its been done.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Hi;

Just a quick note to say thanks for the feedback..!
        Should be collecting it tonight!!!
        Looking forwards to a weekend of driving...

Wohooo!!!
        Cheers
        PM2

Comment

Working...
        X