Waxoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxoil

Hi all. Giving the truck the waxoil treatment tomorrow, Powerwashed underneath two days ago and now its good and dry. So, the question is, to give it a good coating, how much should I buy?....Answers, please......Cheers....Mick.
    " Time wounds all heels ".

Originally posted by MWS View Post
    Hi all. Giving the truck the waxoil treatment tomorrow, Powerwashed underneath two days ago and now its good and dry. So, the question is, to give it a good coating, how much should I buy?....Answers, please......Cheers....Mick.
    I used pretty much a full 2.5L pressure can doing the inside of the chassis (with the sprayer things), then most of a 2.5L waxoyl underseal (nasty, orrible stuff that you need to soak in boiling water just to get your paint brush in!) painted onto the chassis/xmembers and wheel arches. If you're planning to do the whole underside of the body aswell I think you'll need some more!

edit: this was on my pickup

Comment

Aye! for a "proper" job i'd say 2-3 5lt cans, it goes on best hot, i used a shultz gun and heated the can gently with a gas torch, can across the jaws of the vise and the lit off, not reccomened i guess but it worked ok, the stuff was steaming when it went on, i only used 2 cans but i only did the inside of the chassi and everywhere inside the truck, like sills, inside the rear quaters etc, floor pan (inside) before the new carpet, the hotter it is the better it soaks into seams etc, if ya dont fancy the naked flame approach take the lid off and boil it in a tub of water,
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
      X