waterpump lifetime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waterpump lifetime?

Just after some ideas of how long a waterpump lasts in a Surf? Read on another site that his truck was nearing 200,000kms so he replaced everything / water pump, belts, coolant (with Toyota original pink stuff).
    I recently done all of that, bar the water pump and coolant. Coolant is next on the list. Do I need to consider a water pump too?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

It's pretty pointless stripping the whole of the front off an engine and not replacing all the parts that require the whole of the front of the engine to be stripped off to replace them...
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

That's pretty obvious as it then means twice the work if it needs it. But the question is, should I replace the water pump now or is this unnecessary?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
        That's pretty obvious as it then means twice the work if it needs it. But the question is, should I replace the water pump now or is this unnecessary?
        What I was eluding to was that you should have changed it when you did the belts. If it's not gubbed, don't change it.

Comment

I understand that now, but didn't know then. I guess I will leave it alone then. Trying to fix something that wasn't broke in the past only got me into trouble before so I'm not a fan of doing that.

How will I know if the water pump is on it's way out? I've never had this happen to me. It isn't leaking because I checked this last week after someone told me a horror story with their 3rd gen.

Cheers,
          Tony
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            I understand that now, but didn't know then. I guess I will leave it alone then. Trying to fix something that wasn't broke in the past only got me into trouble before so I'm not a fan of doing that.

How will I know if the water pump is on it's way out? I've never had this happen to me. It isn't leaking because I checked this last week after someone told me a horror story with their 3rd gen.

Cheers,
            Tony
            There's a weep hole in the housing, you'll see water dripping from there if the seals go. It'll be noisy, or the truck will overheat if the impeller fails.

Comment

Thanks Andy,
              I'll make sure I keep one eye on that temp guage then!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Watch the coolant levels. If it drops check water pump. Water pumps can sometimes leak only when cold so check it then as well as when hot and running.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  What I was eluding to was that you should have changed it when you did the belts. If it's not gubbed, don't change it.
                  alluding.

Bogus
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                    alluding.

Bogus

How many times? Spelling doesn't matter on the Internet, let it go.

Comment

I think somebody's been taken over by aliens !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

oh and just to put my tupenceworth in,ive also know the impellers to break free from the shaft,so the shaft turns,theres no signs of any leaks but the impeller stays stationary.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                          oh and just to put my tupenceworth in,ive also know the impellers to break free from the shaft,so the shaft turns,theres no signs of any leaks but the impeller stays stationary.
                          Like the old BMW's ? Thanks for the tips everyone. I will most likely swap it out in time. I read that it's not too big of a job, timing belt doesn't need removing.
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                            How many times? Spelling doesn't matter on the Internet, let it go.
                            I know that, but I also know that it matters to you and it might be useful to you someday, outwith the internet.

Bogus
                            Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
                            X