What sort of wheels are these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sort of wheels are these

Hi ... I'm wondering if you would help me ... why is it ALL of the vehicles I see have wheels so very much more attractive than mine? I'v taken a couple of pictures and my questions are:

1. showing a complete lack of knowledge - just what sort are they?
    2. Have they painted over with hammeright or something, or have they 'matured' to this condition?
    3. If I spend massive amount of time, wheel they ever look good, or should I abandon the idea of making them shiny?
    4. These tyres are quite noisy on the road, should I look for road-going ones when next looking, and just how long can I expect the tyres to last (assuming careful driving)??
    5. The wheels/tyres leak pressure. Should I save up and look for something better or just be happy with what I got?

I assure you, I am happy so I shall now carry on with steam cleaning the interior .... I'll tell you what, a bit of steam making the carpets look excellent

Ok, thanks for looking

Stewart
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pelicanbill; 15 April 2010, 19:09. Reason: pictures went AWOL :)

I'm looking but I don't see any pictures!
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
      I'm looking but I don't see any pictures!
      You do now

Comment

1. showing a complete lack of knowledge - just what sort are they?
        Don't know that one mate but I have seen them on quite a few trucks so no doubt someone will know
        2. Have they painted over with hammeright or something, or have they 'matured' to this condition?
        They look like they've been painted at some time.
        3. If I spend massive amount of time, wheel they ever look good, or should I abandon the idea of making them shiny?
        If you spend time rubbing them down and spraying them, then yes they will look better. I think it'll take a hell of a lot of work to polish them up again.
        4. These tyres are quite noisy on the road, should I look for road-going ones when next looking, and just how long can I expect the tyres to last (assuming careful driving)?? Tyres look like AT's, I'd keep them on if I were you, they're normally good all rounders.
        5. The wheels/tyres leak pressure. Should I save up and look for something better or just be happy with what I got?
        Take them to a tyre fitter and get them to remove the tyres and clean the bead on the rim. Alloys corrode around the bead which allows air to leak from the wheel.
        I assure you, I am happy so I shall now carry on with steam cleaning the interior .... I'll tell you what, a bit of steam making the carpets look excellent

Ok, thanks for looking
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

You could get the rims bead blasted to get em clean again, as for the rest, what scorpion said mate.

Spoggle

Comment

Working...
          X