Help needed identifying my wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed identifying my wheels

Hi all, I'm in the process of getting my alloys refurbished as they are in poor condition. All of the centre hub caps are missing, so I purchased a set off of FleaBay only to find that they won't fit! My wheels are slightly different from all of the other alloy wheels that I've seen on surfs (Maybe because it's a SSRX Limited??????) They are 7Jx15 and have the letters WIA cast into them which I think is the Austrailian safety approval mark??? I'd really like to track down a set of centre hub caps, so if anyone can help identify my wheels or help me to track down a set of centre hub caps, or maybe you have the same wheels and can send me a photo of the correct caps so that I know what I'm looking for? I'm not sure if I've successfully attached a jpeg image of one of my wheels or not but if you email me at paul.shepley@btopenworld.com I can send you a photo of one of my wheels. The other centre caps are due to be put back on FleaBay this week!
    Thankyou in advance!
    Shep,
    Attached Files

They just look like a typical after market wheel that a lot of the Surfs were imported with. Mine are similar and I can't recall seeing any with centre caps! Good luck looking,

Cheers, Nick
    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

They are aftermarket ones by the look of it and although mine are a known source (Mitsubishi Pajero) I can't find any centre caps to fit either.

I think you may be out of luck.

If you known anyone in the engineering trade then you could have the centre machined out but it's a lot of work just for some centre caps!

Thanks,

Ray.
      I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

I have these but i dont see why they would not fit that style of wheel!

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=230&vid=1342
        Last edited by hiroler; 12 April 2010, 09:51.

Comment

Dont think they were ever fitted with center caps mate.

Spoggle

Comment

Take one off and measure the internal diameter, if it's 108 or a little more then the roughtrax ones should fit.

The original alloys have black clip on covers and the original chrome steel wheels have rear mount chrome centre caps.

Thanks,

Ray.
            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Black Smoothrite, job done
              Brian

Comment

Well I guess I'll wait until I get the wheels back from the painters and then see if the Roughtrax ones will fit. Shame, cos I bought a set of the standard black plastic ones off of FleaBay only to find that they wouldn't fit on! At the moment my wheels are making the Surf look tatty so I'm trying to tidy it up a bit. Well thanks for all the advice guys!
                Shep,

Comment

they look similar to my spare, thats a "Mad Blade" and the center caps from roughtrax should fit, got mine from 4x4 ages ago but they look the same, the toyota emblems are just a set of stick on's from eaby
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                  X