Fuel economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel economy

Hi, has anyone fitted one of those spider modules or similar that are supposed to improve performance and economy? If so was there much improvement? Or are they a bad idea altogether?
    Just kidding. But not really.

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know the answer but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help.

Thanks,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Hello, my name's Andy. Sorry, but I missed your's.

I have a spider in my rear view mirror housing. Makes feck all difference to my fuel consumption. Actually, I suppose the weight of it will have increased the fuel consumption slightly.
      Last edited by Albannach; 12 April 2010, 13:46.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post

I have a spider in my rear view mirror housing. Makes feck all difference to my fuel consumption. Actually, I suppose the weight of it will have increased the fuel consumption slightly.

Andy, I had soup for lunch today.
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Bishbashbosh View Post
          Hi, has anyone fitted one of those spider modules or similar that are supposed to improve performance and economy? If so was there much improvement? Or are they a bad idea altogether?
          Hi, do you have a link to what you mean? I don't think anyone (including me) knows what you are referring to.

You might get better fuel economy if you make the truck lighter.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post

When you're driving does it pop out and scare you?

The spider I mean.
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I have seen magnetic coils and things people wrap around their fuel pipes to polarise the fuel which is supposed to help it burn more efficiently therefore reducing the need for a 'heavy right foot' but as they only seem to be available from 'Honest Dave' at the local market I decided to leave it well alone!

It's £50 and comes with a full refund warranty if it doesn't work but I think he only goes to each market once so good luck finding him!!

Thanks,

Ray.
              I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                When you're driving does it pop out and scare you?

The spider I mean.
                It did the first few times. It's taken to spinning a wee bit of web and swinging about a few inches below the mirror. Must be one of them thrill seeking spiders?

Comment

He he....... Crazy fools!! Ok, I couldn't find the right module on the 'spider' website but 'tunit' have one for 4hundredandsomething squid on theirs - www.tunit.com

Anyone tried anything like?
                  Just kidding. But not really.

Comment

huh... at least someone replies to your posts....

I asked about Cataclean ...not a sausage

Cataclean

Back in the day Baby

Comment

squid with spiders, now theres a recipe to try out......kalamari served on a bed of web!! Might be a bit stringy!!
                      Keep On Truckin!

Comment

squid with spiders, now theres a recipe to try out......kalamari served on a bed of web!! Might be a bit stringy!!
                        Keep On Truckin!

Comment

Originally posted by yogigypsy View Post
                          Originally posted by yogigypsy View Post
                          Stuttering again?

Comment

As an antidote to the flippant replies, I would say you will NEVER make the Surf economical, and there are a lot of snakeoil sellers out there who will promise you things like 20% increases in fuel economy. Thats just daft. It weighs 2 tonnes, is as aerodynamic as Chaka Khan, and the engine design predates WW2 (possibly)

Pump your tyres up (road tyres if you're a bit of a girl and value mpg above all else), service the truck properly with quality bits and grin and bear 25mpg.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

So when are you going to get another Surf the Andy ?
                              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Working...
                              X