How to remove vinals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove vinals?

Anyone have any ideas, Want to remove the horrible 4Runner writen down the side of my truck
    3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

.:one::.
    Big Sound System (100 Infinity 6x9's Boxed :: 2 JBL GTO 14" 255w Subs)
    Bull Bars (Slightly Customized)

.::To Do::.
    Tires MT 33's
    Snorkle
    4" Lift
    Tow Bar
    Wind Deflectors
    Spoiler (Front & Back)

i used a heat gun but dont hold it too close and burn paint or very hot water and peal slow use a plastic scraper to lift it or just pull it will come off slow and take time to do then polish off the glue left spirit wipe is good for this bit have fun

Comment

I used a caramel wheel from eBay worked a treat if it's a large sticker you might need 2 of them

Comment

Mr

flame thrower
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

hairdryer to remove the sticker
          petrol/thinners to remove residue
          t-cut to blend the faded bits in
          polish to make it shinny
          lots and lots of mud to hide the mess you made of it
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

i used a hot kettle and a steamer the same thing that gets wall paper off
            keep hot water away from the door handles its turns them white

then a good tcut after the sticker has been removed
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

I find mud works the best.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I ordered one of those caramel wheels from ebay and used it yesterday to remove the pink / blue SURF sticker down the sides of my truck. Took me all of around 20 minutes. Needed a hose down afterwards as there was rubber everywhere.

If you are going to look for a Caramel wheel, I found searching for that exact thing was pretty much useless. It seems all of the auto forums know them as Caramel wheels when in fact painters and auto repairers know them as Toffee wheels.

Here is an Ebay link to the wheel I bought. Just remember to not let the drill spin too fast. Max RPM is 4000 which isnt very fast. I found the wheel to get quite warm and at one point I smelt burning rubber so I slowed it down some more. I didn't mark any paint work but there is the risk of burning the paint.
                Here's that link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toffee-Stripe-...item5190fc2687
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

thanks, i think i will give the steamer a hit when i get home tonight
                  if not toffee wheel it is.
                  3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

.:one::.
                  Big Sound System (100 Infinity 6x9's Boxed :: 2 JBL GTO 14" 255w Subs)
                  Bull Bars (Slightly Customized)

.::To Do::.
                  Tires MT 33's
                  Snorkle
                  4" Lift
                  Tow Bar
                  Wind Deflectors
                  Spoiler (Front & Back)

Comment

heat gun, then petrol to get the residue off!
                    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

It took me about 2 hours to remove the two small stickers from my spoiler! I would hate to think how long to do a big sticker, although that wheel thing looks like it works.

Comment

Took me about 15 minutes to get the whole of the surf sticker off the side of the Surf. Trust me, use one of those toffee wheels from ebay (around £5 plus postage) and use it on a variable speed drill and it pulls the sticker right off.

The speed on the drill I used was set to 3. This might have been 3000 RPM but it was very slow.
                        The wheel takes no effort and is very easy. You don't need to push or rub, the wheel does all the work.
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                        X