Dead truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead truck

Well, I've now joined the headless. My truck has blown the head across all 4 pots so now its dead.
    Have just had it recovered today after a week sat in a garage in Devon.
    I've got it booked into my garage next week as they want to check the block and pistons before I get a new head for it and become instantly poor!!
    Can anyone tell me if the roughtracks head is the best one or is there another place to look at? Also I might get a new Rad as well just to be safe.
    Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/members_p...evo/index.html

Comment

Heads from either Roughtrax or Steve are fine. Just done mine with one from Steve and everything was fine. How do you know the head has gone across all 4 cylinders and from what I found and from what others have said, the pistons/bores are normally fine,

Cheers, NIck
      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

replace the rad if it gives you Peace of mind has the core of your rad gone
        S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Thanks Nick, I'll probably try and get one from Steve and to be honest I don't know the head is cracked across all 4 heads, its just what the garage said, They also said that it has gone before. I don't really know much about engines and the small bit I do know I learnt from here.

Jeff, the idea about changing the rad is really just for piece of mind but mine is about 17 years old and is probably a bit "gunked" up I would've thought.

Thanks for answering everyone,

Sticks
          Last edited by sticks; 12 April 2010, 13:36.

Comment

I have a good, used for a short time, Roughtrax radiator for sale. £80 delivered if you want it.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
            X