An update, looking for my next 4X4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An update, looking for my next 4X4

I know it is a while since I last posted....

The Surf is still running but I am not taking it on any more long runs. It was diagnosed (last August) as having combustion gases getting into the coolant.
    I can't kill the dammed thing

I started the hunt over the Easter weekend for my next vehicle. Called into the local Toyota dealer and looked at a blue Land cruiser 120 series for 20K (nice, but I did not really like the colour) and then a lovely green one at a village garage for 17K but the mileage was a bit high @ 87,000 and for similar money I could get an approved used vehicle from a main dealer.

I checked out the Nissan dealers to see if there are any Patrols around but they seem very scarce now.

Looked at the 4x4 stock at an independent garage... Range Rovers, Jeeps etc. but did not see anything I really liked. Checked out the usual web-sites... saw a nice looking 06 plate Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 V8 Limited... 13 mpg so not that bad (compared to the 16 mpg I’m getting now)... but a V8 Hemi, nice!

So, basically I’m still looking around.

Once I have found a replacement I will offer up the Surf to anyone who wants it for parts (good tyres, Recaro interior, roof spoiler etc.)
    Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

give us a shout when its up for grab as i may be interested if funds allow.
    I should have a good 2.4 up for grabs soon aswell
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Stick with a Toyota or as a second choice the Patrol. Range Rover is not bad but I think you'd be disappointed with the Jeep - even though it's a nice V8

Cheers, Nick
      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
      X