L200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L200

Possibly going to look at one saturday with my son in law, it's up for around 8K, anything in particular i should check? i assume one can use 4wd on the road unlike the naffin 2nd gen surf, 2thumbsup
    Last edited by POPEYE; 10 April 2010, 19:59.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

If i recall correctly there is some talk on Elite about a common engine failure at a certain age/mileage..... i,ll see if i can find it and cut and paste it here for you!

Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

yea they are well known for major problems Ian so steer well clear of them
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Cheers, i will tell him, in fact i have try'd to steer him away from the l200 as i seem to recall some bad reports, but there again anyone looking on here and checking up on surfs would prob be put off, dunno, i did reccoment the ford ranger as he defo dont want a surf and a newer hilux 4 cab is right out of his price range,
        thanks TinTin, that would be great, i can then print it for him and then its up to him, hes takeing me as he reccons i know a bit about 4x4'sstop: might know a bit about surfs but f##kall about owt else

Comment

What year is it? Around my way there have been a number of the L200s going for between £3500 to £5000 depending on the condition. The reason they are being sold so often from what I can see is that they aren't that great.

I'd avoid to be honest from what I've seen/heard.
          I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Dont know more than its about 8 grand and near Bristol, i'd imagine its not that old tho

Comment

Our spanner men at work are ex mitsubishi and they told me to stay away from L200, in their words "the engines are made from cheese" they blow up for no reason and its not the same fault on them all, they did around 2 to 3 engine rebuild/exchanges per week.
              My brakes dont work, so i made the horn louder.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                Dont know more than its about 8 grand and near Bristol, i'd imagine its not that old tho

I'd rather have a nice Nissan Patrol or Pathfinder as a substitute for the Surf.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  I'd rather have a nice Nissan Patrol or Pathfinder as a substitute for the Surf.
                  So would i but hes set on a nivara as first choice (but too dear) and a L200 second choice, he did go look at a Ranger but it'd been sold, told him the downside of em but his choice in the end, you can lead a horse to water but ya cant make it drink
                  Cheers James, i'll pass that on
                  Last edited by POPEYE; 9 April 2010, 14:53.

Comment

A mate of mine had an L200 with every extra for his own business, but reckoned it was the worst thing he'd ever bought. Problematic, gutless, and generally unimpressed. Got rid of it after less than a year and bought a Nivara instead. Have to say the Nissan is nice,

Cheers, Nick
                    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

All info passed on and the one in bristol is a no go, hes off to southhampton to look at a nissan (i think), seen some lovely hilux 4 cabs latley

Comment

don't he want a good 2.4 surf then Ian.i'm getting a nice one in at the weekend and going to fit another engine before selling on
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

L200's
                          tiz like trying to drive a fish
                          watch out in the wet on roundabouts
                          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Ford Ranger

Well we went to look at it this morn and he bought it, under buget and everything does what it should, really nice truck, runs very well

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                              yea they are well known for major problems Ian so steer well clear of them
                              What you driving at the moment Rich?

Comment

Working...
                              X