Random - Electronic Suspension Norm/Hard Setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random - Electronic Suspension Norm/Hard Setting

Just out of curiosity - does anyone know how this works?

I've read (somewhere) that most aftermarket suspension setups (including the roughtrax 2" lift kit at a guess) do not allow this function to work for some reason.

I was just curious how it works on a standard set up and whether I'm likely to get a spare switch to use at some point!

Thanks folks.

There is an adjuster on the top of the Toyota shocks that is operated when you press the button in the cab. Replacement shocks don't have this adjustment, so when you replace your shocks you loose the ability to have hard or soft ride quality.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Have a look at your shocks, if they are not black then they probably are not electricly operated. Original Toyota shocks cost about the same for one as it does for 3 or 4 after market ones, going by Roughtrax website.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

They're definitely Toyota shocks and the hard/normal setting definitely works (although it's more of a switch to turn the "bouncy castle mode" on or off!)

I was more curious as to what the electronic switch thing actually does to the shock absorber to make it hard/soft that I was interested in. I've seen a switch for sale on fleabay and I was just wondering what it actually did to the shocker really...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electronic-Sho...item4cee6abcc5

Comment

There is normally a motor in a wee housing at or in the top of the shock somewhere. This wee motor will turn a shaft, or knob, or something similar, which in turn will alter the valving within the shock.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
          X