• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea that makes sense.

A penny's prevention is worth more than a pound of cure
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Fair point, but toyota didn't mean to design the 2.4 intentionally with a weak, easily cracked heat, but it has it, if you want to be pro active this could help.

A turbo timer isn't pointless on the right application, ie a big Turbo'd performance car.

Read most user manuals, they'll tell you to let the engine idle for a minute or so after a hard run. A turbo timer is great for this, it also is fab for twin tanked veg oil systems, for flushing veg out of injectors and pump after switching back to diesel ready for starting next time.

Don't right stuff off just cos a manufacturer dosn't use it, they are usually financially driven designs, not always good long term for the end user..

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
      I understand how it works Tony

I was just eluding to that if the engine really needed this functionality, surely it would have beeen installed at source.
      Im not familiar with any car manufacturer that has this as standard.

If this is a worry, could one not just run the truck at idle with the heater on full for a few minutes before turning the engine off. I know this creates more heat.

Kinda like a turbo timer, pointless IMO
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I would like to buy,electric temp gauge, a hose adapter, sender unit. Is there a company that will provide all three? Possibly a pod for the gauge aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          I would like to buy,electric temp gauge, a hose adapter, sender unit. Is there a company that will provide all three? Possibly a pod for the gauge aswell.
          i bought mine adapter, sender and gauge and holder for €50,

just fitted it into top hose and bingo off you go, alright gauge wont register temp till stat opens but thats ok.... usuaually a 2mile wait.... will ad pics to this when i get home if your interestested....

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
            i bought mine adapter, sender and gauge and holder for €50,

just fitted it into top hose and bingo off you go, alright gauge wont register temp till stat opens but thats ok.... usuaually a 2mile wait.... will ad pics to this when i get home if your interestested....
            Where did you get bits from?

Comment

Demon Tweekes has all the bits. Good temp gauge. Range 20 - 120c in 10 degree slots,each divided into 5 off 2 degree slots. Hose adapter and sensor. About £130.00. Expensive {a little], but a good accurate gauge. Oh and the price includes a mounting pod.

Comment

Demon Tweekes has all the bits. Good temp gauge. Range 20 - 120c in 10 degree slots,each divided into 5 off 2 degree slots. Hose adapter and sensor. About £130.00. Expensive {a little], but a good accurate gauge. Oh and the price includes a mounting pod.
                There's various write-ups over on the Aussie site (and somewhere here) about changing the resistor in the standard one so that it actually works. Should cost about 50p from Maplins.

Edit; here
                Last edited by Sancho; 5 April 2010, 22:39.

Comment

Thought about just fitting the top hose stat to start with. Then i can drive a fan , warning light , or buzzer, etc. To give a safe early warning of imminent problems , what would be a good stat temp, alarm setting.
                  Im shure the Toyota thermostat opens at around 88c, so you could decide a safe early warning some point after that. Im shure someone here will be able to advise when that point should be?

Comment

Working...
                  X