Quick question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question.

Hi all Ive scoured the site, but found nothing, so heres a question. Has anyone used or considered Mk3 Astra van/estate roof rails as an alternative to the tried and tested Pug 406 ones? Your opinions and advice/piccies please. Cheers. Mick.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MWS; 31 March 2010, 16:36. Reason: misspelling
    " Time wounds all heels ".

what about some original surf ones

came with truck ! didnt think they existed?
    Attached Files

Comment

not really proper roof rails are they? Looks like a short bit of bar between some roof bars.

People want things like this....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        not really proper roof rails are they? Looks like a short bit of bar between some roof bars.

People want things like this....

Now that's a good looking truck there. Looks clean polished and cared for, nothing like my truck
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Astra roof rails.

These are the ones that I had in mind. What do yall think? Cheers. Mick.
          Attached Files

Comment

well they have toyota stamped on them and they dont look like frontera ones like you got in them pics

Comment

Originally posted by craigmandy View Post
              well they have toyota stamped on them and they dont look like frontera ones like you got in them pics
              yeah, they are Toyota roof BARS, not rails, thats the whole point, because there is no gutter on a 2nd Gen, you only get a short space to put roof bars on as they clamp over the door openings.

Yours are special because its a 2 door, so they need the small bar and another clamp becuase you have no back door opening.

People fit longer roof rails off other cars, like the pic I posted of some I fitted to Mavericks truck that you bolt throught the roof to give you more options on spacing the roof bars out for carrying bigger things.

Those Astra ones look ok, you need a car with a flat roof, but watch how wide the foot of the rails are, if you have a sun roof, there isn't a lot room between the sunroof mech and the curved edge of the Surf roof.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

No sunroof on mine, Tony. I think I might take a closer look at the Astra ones, see how they fit. Might be handy if they do, cause the scrapyards are going to be full of them! Cheers. Mick.

Comment

This may be of help when you come to doing it.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35439
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
                  X