fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump

how do i go about changing my fuel pump?do i need to do any bleeding on new pump?is there a certain procedure.i hav'nt worked on diesel engines for a long time,then i just used to strip them and not rebuild them.not very confident

Originally posted by purplebeard66 View Post
    how do i go about changing my fuel pump?do i need to do any bleeding on new pump?is there a certain procedure.i hav'nt worked on diesel engines for a long time,then i just used to strip them and not rebuild them.not very confident
    I filled mine up as much as possible through the hole for the bolt for the top return line pipe, then cracked off the injector pipes, cranked until fuel started to come through, back on and she fired up!

Comment

tidy

tidy i will give it ago when i get other pump on.cheers

Comment

I dunno what your fuel pump is like but you can manually prime mine - I found this out from a breakdown recovery chap who sorted it out for me when I ran out of fuel not long after I bought my Surf.

There is a kinda "rubber button" thing on top of (what I assume is) the fuel filter which pumps fuel through. If it feels soft and squishy there is a lack of fuel/pressure but as it stiffens up you can feel the fuel pumping through.

At least, I think that's right!

Comment

Working...
        X