Help fitting lift stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
    Popeye, i might take you up on that offer if it still stands. Me and Alan had a go at the spacers yesterday, but it appears you still need to grind away a load of upper wishbone in order to get the plates slid in there. 3 of them will fit in, but no chance of the other two as well. Neither of us had fitted diff drop blocks either. If you've done it before, then some pointers would help. Or, if you or anyone else is up for a tech day or something, then i've got a body lift kit wanting to go in as well!
    The offers still open mate, just let me know when, i've some stuff to do this week but weekends ok, up to you,
    i did wonder about the BJ spacers you had and couldn't see how you would not still have to grind some wishbone away but anyway!! i've not fitted ARB or front diff spacers but did fit manual hubs instead (dont do offroading) but they look fairly straightforward, (i've now left the arb off mine) spaceing the arb should be easy, as for the diff, i guess you just jack up (or down) the diff once the bolts are removed and fit the spacers with longer bolts,
    anyway let me know and i will PM ya my full address, garage is a bit tight for a surf but does have a pit which makes things much easier

oops!! no PM available so it's
    2 cadnam lawn
    warren park
    havant
    hants po94eg
    tele--02392791888 (if you get stuck)
    Last edited by POPEYE; 12 April 2010, 17:20.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Sorry for the hi-jack..the tracking adjustment - Is the actual adjustment just a case of winding the sleeve, or do you need to split the joint and wind the rod end.? I've had a quick look, but not attacked it yet.

also, Id be interested to see how you can fit 2" spacers without cutting anything. I've just fitted 40mm, with chamfered edges I got the spacer in OK without cutting, but when you put the bolts through they foul on the lower section of the arm..no choice but to trim it out of the way..

Comment

Just turn the sleeve. Might need a good dose of WD and a stilson though. Once you've got them moving, they turn easy enough.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

thought as much..is one side handed then, or different thread pitch to allow any adjustment.?

Comment

Like he said,! the sleeves have opposite threads on the inside so as you turn em it draws the outer and inner track rods together or apart, the bugger is getting it moveing in the first place, several doses of WD over several days or a bit of heat should start em off

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
              The offers still open mate, just let me know when, i've some stuff to do this week but weekends ok, up to you,
              i did wonder about the BJ spacers you had and couldn't see how you would not still have to grind some wishbone away but anyway!! i've not fitted ARB or front diff spacers but did fit manual hubs instead (dont do offroading) but they look fairly straightforward, (i've now left the arb off mine) spaceing the arb should be easy, as for the diff, i guess you just jack up (or down) the diff once the bolts are removed and fit the spacers with longer bolts,
              anyway let me know and i will PM ya my full address, garage is a bit tight for a surf but does have a pit which makes things much easier

oops!! no PM available so it's
              2 cadnam lawn
              warren park
              havant
              hants po94eg
              tele--02392791888 (if you get stuck)

Aah, my subscription appears to have run out..

Ok then, cheers for that. I can do saturday if it's ok for you? As far as tools go, i'm limited to a axle stands, a socket set and sparkies tools, so no grinder or decent jack... I'm supposed to be getting a bodylift kit this week, so dunno how you feel about doing that? No worries if not, i don't wanna take the pi$...

Cheers again...

Comment

Fine assueming we've time, unless you want to sleep on the couch
                got the nessisey grinder, jacks etc so should be ok,

Comment

Ok then mate, let me know what time's good on saturday. Cheers for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
                    Ok then mate, let me know what time's good on saturday. Cheers for that.
                    If you can get here for around 9.00-9.30 am that should be ok, if you get stuck for directions near here give me a call, some tom toms seem to play up on my address, btw you do have the longer bolts for the BJ spacers and longer shocks ? just thought i'd ask

Comment

Yep, got all that. See you saturday...

Comment

Working...
                      X