Help fitting lift stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help fitting lift stuff

Hello, i've now got the parts for a 2" bodylift and 2" balljoint spacers, thing is, i lack the knowledge to fit them properly. I've looked at write ups on here but still wouldn't feel too confident about fitting them myself, i also lack some of the tools required, so am wondering if there's anyone here in the Berks or Sussex surrounding areas that would be up for helping out with either of these jobs one day? I'd do as much as possible myself, will pay (or offer my services as an electrician) and be very grateful. Not in a rush, thanks.

I'm up for giving you a hand if you do it in brighton.
    I helped GWH fit bj spacers and springs to Biosurfs truck so i know a little!!!

Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Nice one, could do it in Meads in Eastbourne if that's better for you being in Hailsham? Let me know when's good and i'll nip down on a weekend sometime. Cheers for that!

Comment

Ok will do, (you may have to remind me)

What parts have you got ready so far??

Alan

Comment

BJ Spacers, front shocks, longer brakelines, diff drop blocks, body lift on its way.

Lee.

Comment

If you're lifting the front by 2" (bj spacers and new shocks) what are you lifting the back by??

Comment

Hello, i've done that already. +2" Springs/shocks, adjustable panhard rod, etc. I could manage that stuff ok, it's just the front stuff that i think i'd struggle with.

Comment

If you guys are stuck (wetherwise) you are welcome to use my garage (Havant) and i can help, i've done what you are going to do to the front, dont forget you'll need to grind some of the top wishbone out for 2" spacers and you'll also have to get the camber/tracking done after, did that meself as well, it aint spot on but its near
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

if i was near you i would lend a hand best of luck we want to see some phots of the before n after please because we can
                  S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                    If you guys are stuck (wetherwise) you are welcome to use my garage (Havant) and i can help, i've done what you are going to do to the front, dont forget you'll need to grind some of the top wishbone out for 2" spacers and you'll also have to get the camber/tracking done after, did that meself as well, it aint spot on but its near
                    Thanks for the offer Ian, bit far tho' for a days lifting!
                    Grinding the wishbone will depend on what bj spacer Lee has!
                    The newer, multi-plate type that Mark sells wont need that!

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
                      Thanks for the offer Ian, bit far tho' for a days lifting!
                      Grinding the wishbone will depend on what bj spacer Lee has!
                      The newer, multi-plate type that Mark sells wont need that!

Alan
                      Your welcome and fair enough, my spacers were solid
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

id offer to come and help but im a bit too far from you unfortunately
                        PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Hello, back again, been getting my Glasgow on over Easter. What fun... Think i need to go up there in the Surf next time though and have a play around in some of that countryside. The Clog's not too far from there is it?

Thanks for offers of help with fitting and premises for said fitting. Will be ok as i've got a garage in Eastbourne if the weather turns out to be gash. And yeah, i've got the mutli plate type spacers, so no grinding needed? Alan, if you're up for it this weekend, then i'll be down that way anyway, otherwise whenever else is good for you mate. Thanks again...

Comment

As it happens, i just had a job cancelled in london for this weekend!
                            So this weekend is free!!!!!!!!!!!!

text or ring me.
                            07980-343201

Alan

Comment

Popeye, i might take you up on that offer if it still stands. Me and Alan had a go at the spacers yesterday, but it appears you still need to grind away a load of upper wishbone in order to get the plates slid in there. 3 of them will fit in, but no chance of the other two as well. Neither of us had fitted diff drop blocks either. If you've done it before, then some pointers would help. Or, if you or anyone else is up for a tech day or something, then i've got a body lift kit wanting to go in as well!

Comment

Working...
                              X