My technical question is lonely....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My technical question is lonely....

I know its probably bad form posting this in here, but if anyone out there knows anything about the 3ltr Surf diesel engine, or has ever had a problem with one stalling, could you take a look at my thread in the technical section....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61700

Lots of people have tried to help already, but I still haven't found a solution, so I thought I'd throw it open to a wider audience.......

Thanks.

Have you checked/cleaned/changed all the filters including the one in the injector pump?

And try giving it a run with the fuel cap off.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Meant to say, have you checked the fault codes?

Comment

Also, can you tell me why the fcuk you started this thread, when your other one is still very active, and then totally ignore it? Doing that is one way to p1ss people right off.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Also, can you tell me why the fcuk you started this thread, when your other one is still very active, and then totally ignore it? Doing that is one way to p1ss people right off.
          Whoops!! Heavy night last night?

Cheers, Nick
          "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Wonder if he has checked the Fuel Temperature Sensor filter that I have mentioned twice. Make that three now.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
              Wonder if he has checked the Fuel Temperature Sensor filter that I have mentioned twice. Make that three now.

Nev
              Probably not. I mentioned it in this shiny new thread too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V View Post
                Whoops!! Heavy night last night?

Cheers, Nick

I think that's his normal attitude - if he was grumpy then he'd REALLY have a go !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post
                  I think that's his normal attitude - if he was grumpy then he'd REALLY have a go !

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                    Nice welcome for a newbie guys.....

I haven't ignored any of the advice, I just have to wait until I have time to do the jobs..... and as I've mentioned quite a few times I am grateful for any guidance.

If my threads have p1ssed you off, please feel free to ignore them.

I haven't "checked" the "fuel temperature sensor filter" yet cos
                    A) I don't really know what I'm looking for and so far haven't been able to find anything on or near the fuel pump that looks anything like a filter.
                    and B) I dont know any way of "checking" a filter other than by replacing it..... which brings me back to A)

I was hoping that another Surf owner would have had a similar problem and could give me a definitive "this is the problem" answer...... The only reason I started this second thread was because I wanted to reach a wider audience.... I don't have a Surf with a 2.4 ltr Engine, so I never look in that section of the forum, but I may know the answer to a problem that someone has posted about in there...... It was worth a shot.

I didn't want to p1ss anyone off and can only hope that everyone else on here isn't as sensitive as you.....

Have you considered therapy?

Comment

Originally posted by legocar View Post
                      I was hoping that another Surf owner would have had a similar problem and could give me a definitive "this is the problem" answer...... The only reason I started this second thread was because I wanted to reach a wider audience.... I don't have a Surf with a 2.4 ltr Engine, so I never look in that section of the forum, but I may know the answer to a problem that someone has posted about in there...... It was worth a shot.

I didn't want to p1ss anyone off and can only hope that everyone else on here isn't as sensitive as you.....

Have you considered therapy?
                      Most poeple log on and hit view new posts button, so what forum its in is irrelivent. It'll get seen.

Just starting another thread kinda gives the finger to everyone who has tried to offer advise or help, look at it from that side of the fence.

No answers means no one can help, not you're being ignored, even if you are ranting isn't going to help either.

Go pay £50 an hour at Toyota to spend days poking it if you're not happy, all advice given here is free and given in good spirit. No one has to help you, and bitching makes it less likely next time.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                      X