Bin and gone and done it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm side exit you say............

Flare - i think thats wicked - no ordinary car would come with a flare!

Is it to throw at the cops in order to make good your get away

Comment

Ive had mine 8 months and the grin is still here. Did my first bit of green laning and ford crossing on the weekend in Angelsey with my Mrs and me mum and dad in the back, needless to say besides me my Dad was the only other one in the truck with a huge grin on his face.
      Dad & Me

Mrs & Mum

Comment

Originally posted by tristanjay View Post
        Ive had mine 8 months and the grin is still here. Did my first bit of green laning and ford crossing on the weekend in Angelsey with my Mrs and me mum and dad in the back, needless to say besides me my Dad was the only other one in the truck with a huge grin on his face.
        Dad & Me

Mrs & Mum
        LOL yeah my Dad's like that, told him I'd been off road and showed him some pics and all of a sudden he was talking about stuff they did in the Army with trucks off road, instantly my Mother is warning how he's not comming next time hehe.

peace
        cal
        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Update time

Broken exhaust turns out to be the centre section - New one ordered from Milners - stripped the old one out this morning.

Ordered the Roughtrax service pack and cam belt and 2" lift springs and the manuals.

Stripped out the rear door and found that one part of the lock mechanism had come apart - fixed that and now I can get in and out - the window is painfully slow and needs a bit of a helping hand.

She just really needs a good clean now.

Rich

Comment

is that Milners in Darley Dale, Matlock mate? i dont live far from there, was thinking of going down to see em. i want to get a couple things looked at, and dont know if they do that side of it or just sell parts?
            www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by VidaMusic View Post
              is that Milners in Darley Dale, Matlock mate? i dont live far from there, was thinking of going down to see em. i want to get a couple things looked at, and dont know if they do that side of it or just sell parts?
              Yes in Darley Dale, they've been there at least a couple of years now, used to have workshop facilities at their old Venue (Hackney Lane) Matlock, not sure they still got em now!!
              Good Luck

"Cos short cuts cost more in the long run"
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Ok. Work has started.

Friday morning fitted new exhaust centre section, easy job. Saturday morning fitted roughtrax 2" lift rear springs. This was ok too. My gravel drive is, quite literally, a pain to work from but the springs are on and all is well. Only had to remove the shocks to do the job. Quite an improvement to the ride over all the ###### speed humps on my road.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the standard dimension from wheel centre to wheel arch is 22" and this is where mine is now - so much for 2" lift - not that I particularly wanted that anyway.

I now think my front is riding too low - should this be 22" as well? There is only a small gap about 10mm between the suspension arm and the bump stop.

I have notice that my near side rear axle is losing oil and that I have an engine oil leak to be addressed.

Also power steering seems a bit noisy - is this usual?

Thanks in anticipation.

Rich

Comment

Oil on the rear brakes is either a wheel cylinder or more usually a rear wheel bearing and seal worn.

you will hear the p/s pump working with the bonnet up, but hard to tell without hearing it.

there isn't much room between the bump stops anyway, side steps should be parallel to the floor stock, and slightly higher at back with new springs.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony - I will check it out on some level ground.

The power steering is quite loud in the cabin whilst slow speed manoeuvering.

But then thinking about it I think every thing was pretty much level when my rear springs were knackered. The truck has a slight jacked up rear stance now.

Any ideas what the front wheel to wheel arch measurement should be?
                    Last edited by Rich_ac_uk; 11 April 2010, 13:23.

Comment

Working...
                    X