yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATTN: anyone familiar with northern irish road tax laws.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN: anyone familiar with northern irish road tax laws.

hey guys just a question for you that are familiar with the road tax laws in northern ireland,

my fiance's brother is in hospital in belfast and i will probably have to drive up to belfast to get him down to dublin,

problem road tax on my english reg surf is out for several months, (more than 3)

its in the process of being imported here, what can happen me if i am stopped and is there much chance, of being stopped....

It's in today's budget bob.

"alastair darling has said that by may 2010, anyone driving 1 mph over the limit will be taxed at 75% of income for life"

"anyone not paying roadtax will give all there money to British airways, peter mandelson and a lesbian outreach group...after being abused in a Greek manner by an ex convict called pliers"

I wouldn't risk it mate.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

anyone got a loan of their tax disc and plates for a few days :P

Comment

If you know anyone who has trade plates you could get away with it if you borrowed them...

Comment

To be on the safe side, hook a caravan on the back.
          An Irishman towing a caravan is exempt from British laws.
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Yes, basically don't do it. The penalties are 200 times the value of the outstanding road tax and/or confiscation of the vehicle. There are regular roadside tax checks by camera vehicles and the Newry/Belfast road is well patrolled with cars/cameras. All penalties are now fully able to be carried forward both sides of the border. Not displaying a tax disc is expensive too.

Much cheaper to get the train or hire a car. Car hire should be about the same as a tankful of diesel for the Surf!
            Last edited by georgecarnell; 25 March 2010, 18:11.

Comment

When I imported my Surf into Rep. Ireland I went down the local tax office to do all the paperwork and the very nice man there gave me a cover note telling anyone that cared to stop me that the vehicle was in the process of being imported and every thing was in order and let me also obtain insurance although I had to wait for the importation/Irish registration to be finallised before I could NTC(Irish MOT)it and tax it. Seeing as the tax was €1200 I was quite happy to wait on this. It took about 6-7weeks to get the registration paperwork through.

Comment

Originally posted by Sclerotic Hen View Post
                When I imported my Surf into Rep. Ireland I went down the local tax office to do all the paperwork and the very nice man there gave me a cover note telling anyone that cared to stop me that the vehicle was in the process of being imported and every thing was in order and let me also obtain insurance although I had to wait for the importation/Irish registration to be finallised before I could NTC(Irish MOT)it and tax it. Seeing as the tax was €1200 I was quite happy to wait on this. It took about 6-7weeks to get the registration paperwork through.
                i am going the route of crewcab with mine, and have not had the time to build the divide / bulk between cab and load area, getting me cheap tax.....

i know uk have ANPR's in vans and thats what i fear in belfast, so might just higher a car.... i went down to the nice girl in the VRT office and she came out all happy and told me, OH!!! thats not a crewcab........ Yet!!!! and gave me the checklist i have to do....

Comment

the law in N.I are just about the same has here we carnt tax a uk car in ireland
                  or an irish car carnt be taxed in the uk

but the law stand like this

If you don’t tax or SORN your vehicle

The Driver & Vehicle Agency (DVA) carries out a computer check each month, as well as roadside checks to identify those vehicles without a valid tax disc. You could face an automatic penalty of £80 as well as a minimum fine of £1000. Your vehicle could be clamped, impounded or even crushed
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
                  X