alarm and imobiliser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alarm and imobiliser

alright fellow surfers . i have problem with the alarm or could be the imobiliser on my 1st gen 2.4 surf.it has been standing around at the back of my uncles house for a couple of months because i could not afford to get it an m.o.t. the battery died in the cold weather recently but up until then i used to start it weekly .i just tried to put another battery on it but it just sounds like the imobiliser is making a clicking noise and wont turn the engine.could i bypass the imobiliser as i really need to move it from my uncles place.is there another way? please help guys.cheers

Is the battery fully charged?
    Diesels need a lot of amps to get them to turn over fast enough to fire up.

Comment

yes i think so.whipped it of my other surf which just got back from work in.forgot to mention my alarm fob fell apart,is this relevant?
      Last edited by purplebeard66; 24 March 2010, 20:22.

Comment

Originally posted by purplebeard66 View Post
        yes i think so.whipped it of my other surf which just got back from work in.forgot to mention my alarm fob fell apart,is this relevant?

Depends on what type of immobiliser you have.
        Is it a transponder type, where you have to touch the fob to a socket in the dash?

Also, were the battery ternimals tight and free of corrosion on the non starter?

Comment

its the type that you slot into the dash and the terminals were tight.maybe try another battery
          Last edited by purplebeard66; 24 March 2010, 20:37.

Comment

alright fellow surfers . i have problem with the alarm or could be the imobiliser on my 1st gen 2.4 surf.it has been standing around at the back of my uncles house for a couple of months because i could not afford to get it an m.o.t. the battery died in the cold weather recently but up until then i used to start it weekly .i just tried to put another battery on it but it just sounds like the imobiliser is making a clicking noise and wont turn the engine.could i bypass the imobiliser as i really need to move it from my uncles place.is there another way? please help guys.cheers
            The following is assuming that the immo is an aftermarket one.
            If your battery went completely dead, it's likely that your immobiliser has lost it's code settings. (Depends on what type of immo you have of course.)
            If it has lost the coding, it'll need to be reset which you may be able to do yourself if you have the info & instructions.
            You could disconnect the immobiliser but you would have to connect up the wire that the immobiliser is connected through. On my 2nd gen, this is a black wire and is the one that takes power from the ignition down to the starter motor.

It could be of course that the clicking you hear might be your starter solonoid as starter motor is jammed from sitting around so long.

Just my thoughts...

Comment

aint got a clue about codes or even what imobiliser i have,booger.looks like i will have too round up some of my chubby friends and give her a shove.lol.didn't realise the imobilisers have codes that reset themselves.i better go start my other 2nd gen surf then which also has no m.o.t

Comment

aint got a clue about codes or even what imobiliser i have,booger.looks like i will have too round up some of my chubby friends and give her a shove.lol.didn't realise the imobilisers have codes that reset themselves.i better go start my other 2nd gen surf then which also has no m.o.t
                Not all immos have coding. Mine does as it complies with 'CAT 1' and is certificated. This means that you pay £40 or something for a bod to come to your house and set it up. You get a piece of paper to say it's 'installed properly' which can help reduce insurance costs.

Best of luck anyway.

Comment

cheers guys will let you know if i get it sorted

Comment

Working...
                  X