3 ltr conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 ltr conversion

howdy folks, sooo, I'm getting bored with me old 2.4, it's slow and a bit tired.
    but the body and internal gubbins is lovely and i like my truck.
    so I want to put a 3ltr engine into my 2.4, Now i know your all thinking buy a 3ltr its easier but i can't afford it and my truck is pretty sound in all other respects. I would like to know whats involved and if there is any technical info onsight anywhere. also if there are any mechanics have tried it before. would i need to change the gear box or are they the same and how many mods would the cooling system need?? I know this is a big job and i'm pretty sure it's beyond me, but thats half the point of owning my car so i can break it and then fix it again. lol thanks all

It is possible, but it's a big job. I got involved in a swap a couple of years ago. The lump and gearbox was replaced, but you also need to replace the loom,ecu etc with the 3.0 litre one. So it's engine out, box out(if your repjacing that, I font know if a 2.4 box fits a 3.0 litre) dash out, then put it all back together. And a 3.0 litre lump will set you back a fair bit.
    Put a lexus lump in it.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

ta for that i thought about a v8 conversion, figured/hoped a 3ltr swap would be a bit easier and more reliable once done. open to all suggestions and ideas.

Comment

Working...
      X