Recently brought a Surf, need front speaker advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently brought a Surf, need front speaker advice

I recently brought a second generation hilux surf and am looking to correct the stereo issues it has. I want to replace the front speakers first but having stripped the dash i found that the passenger side has a 4" speaker fitted into an enclosure but there is no speaker or enclosure on the right (drivers) side. Should there be an enclosure / pod on both sides and if so where could i get a replacement from for the drivers side?
    You can live in a car....but you can't drive a house!!

Not sure on the 2nd gen but have word with stormforce for the speaker.
    Neal

Comment

I have got a complete music system for the surf if your interested.Its on ebay at the moment and its up for £150.Thats 2x amps 1 x sub 2 x front speakers and 2 x rear speakers and all the cables required to fit it.

I should have a spare pod here if you wanted it tho

Shaler i have a couple of switches here ready to post for you aswell mate
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Ok Stormforce, I will take a look on eBay but I think I would rather just have the drivers side front speaker pod on it's own, I only really want the pod without the speaker. How much would you want for the pod only? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          Shaler i have a couple of switches here ready to post for you aswell mate
          How much matey???
          Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo View Post
            Ok Stormforce, I will take a look on eBay but I think I would rather just have the drivers side front speaker pod on it's own, I only really want the pod without the speaker. How much would you want for the pod only? Thanks
            Just cover the postage on it thats all

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
              How much matey???
              sort it out another time as its only the postage on it

Comment

sort it out another time as its only the postage on it
                Ok if your sure, usually like to get things paid up and sorted there and then but am going to carry out a full service on the truck soon so might as well pop down to you to give it a good run afterwards.
                Do you still have my addy??
                Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                  Ok if your sure, usually like to get things paid up and sorted there and then but am going to carry out a full service on the truck soon so might as well pop down to you to give it a good run afterwards.
                  Do you still have my addy??
                  I just checked and i have deleted it by mistake so if you can send it again i'll get them in the post tomorrow for you

Comment

I just checked and i have deleted it by mistake so if you can send it again i'll get them in the post tomorrow for you
                    You have a PM mate
                    Neal

Comment

Just cover the postage on it thats all
                      That would be brilliant, how much to cover postage on the drivers front speaker pod and how do you want payment, I have sent an email to the adress on the vcard of your profile so let me know that way if you want.
                      Thanks.

Comment

Got your email.Wait till i make sure i have it here before payment or if you want then become a paid member and i'll post it for you free

Comment

Got your email.Wait till i make sure i have it here before payment or if you want then become a paid member and i'll post it for you free
                          Ok, let me know if you do have one then I will definately become a paid up member and take you up on the kind offer of free postage. Thanks

Comment

Just wondering if you found a speaker pod yet Stormforce? Please let me know. Thanks

Comment

Hiya.Sorry i haven't got back before but dad has been ill in hospital again.
                              I have the speaker pod for you if you still want it.I can get it sent out Thursday for you.Can you email your addy please as i've lost all my emails from the last several months aswell

Comment

Working...
                              X