Tidy 2.4 viewed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tidy 2.4 viewed.

Looked at another 2.4. Ok but oil level low. Guy said he never checks it. However the rest of the surf is good. Coolant was clean,eng didnt smoke and there was no oil trail underneath. Could just be burning a bit over a long period of time.Price wise,good by what ive seen out there. 1992,80k miles,auto. Do you need to top up surfs or should the oil level remain constant?

The fact that the seller admitted that he never checks the oil should have been enough for you to walk away!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      The fact that the seller admitted that he never checks the oil should have been enough for you to walk away!
      OK,but do surfs need oil top ups occasionally.Alot of old vehicles do. I ought to know ive owned a few lol.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        OK,but do surfs need oil top ups occasionally.Alot of old vehicles do. I ought to know ive owned a few lol.
        They do, but the point Vince is making is the guy clearly has zero interest in maintance of his truck.
        Brian

Comment

Mine never needed top-ups, but that didn't stop me checking it periodically. I changed the oil every 3000 miles anyway.

As others have said, the guy obviously didn't give a monkeys, so do you think he did any other maintenance? Greasing of props / UJs / BJs? When did it last have a cambelt - or is the one on it ready to go? Batteries? Are they on their last legs?

Maybe if you look at them from a slightly different perspective? If there's things which dont look right, ask yourself do you have the wherewithal to sort it yourself, and the cheek to point out the problems and ask for money off commensurate with the cost of repair?
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Mine never needed top-ups, but that didn't stop me checking it periodically. I changed the oil every 3000 miles anyway.

As others have said, the guy obviously didn't give a monkeys, so do you think he did any other maintenance? Greasing of props / UJs / BJs? When did it last have a cambelt - or is the one on it ready to go? Batteries? Are they on their last legs?

Maybe if you look at them from a slightly different perspective? If there's things which dont look right, ask yourself do you have the wherewithal to sort it yourself, and the cheek to point out the problems and ask for money off commensurate with the cost of repair?
            Point taken or should i say points.I do point out possible problems and costs,but sellers usually have a take it or leave it attitude.They know someone will buy at the price they want,eventually.All i can do is make sure im not the prat to buy it. Getting the hang of this lol.

Comment

Working...
            X