Temp gauges,accuracy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp gauges,accuracy?

How accurate are the temp gauges on surfs? Can you tell from the gauge when it starts to overheat or does it just shoot up and by then its too late?

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    How accurate are the temp gauges on surfs? Can you tell from the gauge when it starts to overheat or does it just shoot up and by then its too late?
    It shoots up and is useually too late, i'd reccoment a good aftermarket gauge, there is a "mod" you can do the the original to get it working more accuratly but quite honestly it easier to fit another one
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
      It shoots up and is useually too late, i'd reccoment a good aftermarket gauge, there is a "mod" you can do the the original to get it working more accuratly but quite honestly it easier to fit another one
      Any reccomendations.

Comment

temp gauges and senders

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Any reccomendations.
        As you are in wilts try Merlin Motorsport at Castle Combe they have the gauges adapters and all the ancilaries. their web address is below www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk

Comment

If you've got a 2.4 there is usually a spare tapping near where the fan switch screws in to the thermostat housing that you can put the sensor into. You need an adapter (can't remember the thread size) but it saves messing with hoses
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Re

If you get the TIM aftermarket temp gauge all the fittings that you need are there.

This doesn't includes the pod mount etc.

Google TIM gauges to find sellers, I got mine off Fleabay.

52mm Water Temp Gauge £29.99

TIM Gauge

52mm Pod Mount £4.99

Pod Mount

They work really well!

Gary
            Last edited by hellmett; 20 March 2010, 19:33.

Comment

Those pod mounts are nice, i fitted most of the gauges in the dash but got one of them for the compas, a row of those pods would look good mounted on the dash top, slight prob running the wireing through tho,
              as for gauge reccomendations, TIM are good, just dont go for cheapo chinese $hit, i got a couple for the atf temps and one packed up after a month, look nice but bugger all use
              Attached Files
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
              X