2.4 selling prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 selling prices?

I appreciate all the good advice i have received. Generally it seems, those in the know will only pay between £1k and £13k for a minter 2.4. However there seem to be lots of people prepared to pay that and more for trucks that have had no more than general maintenance. Sellers all tend to state that they have had no problems with overheating and oil and coolant levels are fine. From what i have gleaned it is probably better to buy a surf with a replaced head? So would it make sense to only view 2.4 surfs with new heads and any tidy 3L. Im beginning to think 3L is probably better.

Even the 3lts have some head problems ...... mainly due to lack of air flow or over heating ......... go look for a tidy truck that has not been off roaded and invest in a block tester that will show exhaust gasses in the coolant
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Buy a nice truck with a busted engine for about £300 and send it to me with £2000 and I'll give you back a very nice looking/sounding/performing truck.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Buy a nice truck with a busted engine for about £300 and send it to me with £2000 and I'll give you back a very nice looking/sounding/performing truck.
        Ok I will.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

He's got £13k to spend too, you could go to town on it Vince?
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            He's got £13k to spend too, you could go to town on it Vince?

I noticed that too, but I'm not that much a of a pedant.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
              I noticed that too, but I'm not that much a of a pedant.
              Aye, right!
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

He can have mine for £13k (I'll go and buy one tomorrow)

Hell, he can have ME for £13k!
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  I appreciate all the good advice i have received. Generally it seems, those in the know will only pay between £1k and £13k for a minter 2.4. However there seem to be lots of people prepared to pay that and more for trucks that have had no more than general maintenance. Sellers all tend to state that they have had no problems with overheating and oil and coolant levels are fine. From what i have gleaned it is probably better to buy a surf with a replaced head? So would it make sense to only view 2.4 surfs with new heads and any tidy 3L. Im beginning to think 3L is probably better.
                  3l is always better, but 2.4 is cheaper. The heads tend to die, but that's pretty common as an engine nears 20 years old. If you buy a 2.4 with the original head, it will be very vulnerable if it gets at all overheated. A 3.0 is more robust, but not totally bulletproof. On the 2.4, it's a design fault. On the 3.0 it's just a factor of age. Don't get too hung up on it, but the 3.0 is a better performer, more reliable and no thirstier, so is the one to go for if you can afford it.

Comment

Working...
                  X