No announcement yet.

what , why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet there was a damp patch on the clio drivers seat when he eventually did stop

Comment

Originally posted by oneintheeye View Post
      i've done the same thing on the m6 i had a car hit the passenger side of my truck and it ended up across the bumper like that, you do feel a slight bump and you only know it's there by the noise as the truck won't slow down, and it's only old renaults and ivecos and some volvo fl's that have windows by your feet, the truck in the last picure (the fh volvo has a blind spot you can lose a transit in down the near side and it's a different truck to the one in the accident)
      regardless of blind spots, there's no excuse for not knowing whats going on around you. this is just madness this guy didn't notice this. for every car you pass you check in your mirrors (or one that you see approaching to overtake you), so for one to suddenly disappear out of site should let you know there's a problem.
      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

it's easy to pressume though i saw the passat coming down the slip road so i pressumed he would have seen me and come in behind me as i could'nt pull out into the middle lane due to traffic next thing i know he's hit the side of me.
        He claims he did'nt see me but more like he did the usual tw*t saleman and tryed to beat the truck and lost
        when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

Comment

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
          regardless of blind spots, there's no excuse for not knowing whats going on around you. this is just madness this guy didn't notice this. for every car you pass you check in your mirrors (or one that you see approaching to overtake you), so for one to suddenly disappear out of site should let you know there's a problem.
          the trouble is especially when you are in heavy traffic cars are darting about all around you and trying to cut you up just to gain a milli second you have to have eyes in the back of your head, people should be more educated as to how to behave round hgvs and where our blind spots are.

Comment

[quote] t's easy to pressume though i saw the passat coming down the slip road so i pressumed he would have seen me and come in behind me as i could'nt pull out into the middle lane due to traffic next thing i know he's hit the side of me.
            He claims he did'nt see me but more like he did the usual tw*t saleman and tryed to beat the truck and lost [quote]

sounds about right! what bugs me when you can't get over is when they decide to slow down on the slip roads then still try to merge expecting you to slow down?!?!?!? aaaarggghhhh!!!! drives me nuts, it doesn't take long for most motors to get past 56mph, so feckin do it. especially annoying on hills with a good load, ease of the accelerator and thats it - you end up in a crawl to the top while the #### decides to find the accelerator after all and speeds off!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cfrizzy View Post
              the trouble is especially when you are in heavy traffic cars are darting about all around you and trying to cut you up just to gain a milli second you have to have eyes in the back of your head, people should be more educated as to how to behave round hgvs and where our blind spots are.
              i know. hgv driver myself. but even so, there's still no excuse for this guy. you SHOULD notice a problem, especially one like this!

Comment

a few years ago whilst in llanelli driving an old seddon atki 400 going into a three lane section in the town I had one of those honda acty milkfloat pickups cut me up from the nearside and i was pushing him sideways by the time i stopped. no damage atall to the pickup or the wagon the only thing i did was break a bottle of milk

Comment

hope you didn't cry over the spilt milk!

Comment

I didnt but the poor old boy driving the little honda looked a bit shakey I think he could have done with a drink and not milk

Comment

Originally posted by cfrizzy View Post
                      I bet there was a damp patch on the clio drivers seat when he eventually did stop
                      He only discovered it when he was loading onto the cross channel ferry and they tried to charge him for two vehicles.
                      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                        He only discovered it when he was loading onto the cross channel ferry and they tried to charge him for two vehicles.
                        He might have come in with it there, how many immigrants can you get into a clio

Comment

Another trucker who thinks he can do as he please no doubt.
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                            Another trucker who thinks he can do as he please no doubt.
                            probably not driving a truck for much longer though

Comment

This happened to my daughter on the m6 last year portugese driver couldnt speak english. despite police having all his details plus speaking to the haulage company in portugal the insurance say they can't trace the vehicle or operaters and wont pay her claim as she's only insured 3rd party fire and theft.

Comment

Working...
                              X