Just got a Lister Genny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a Lister Genny

Feeling very pleased. Got myself a 4KVA (just enough for back up power for a house if you only use essentials) genny over the weekend its a Markon using a Lister diesel engine and only has 260 hours on the clock (unless its been clocked but hey, its a Lister so that shouldn't be a problem, they're meant to run forever)
    Its a direct injection but with a basic twin tank system (i.e. start on diesel and switch once up to temp) it should run on veg oil.

Once I have a minute I'll take the fuel tank off and give it a clean, replace the filters and oil, stick a new of diesel in and give it a go. All the outputs are 3 pin, 2 for 110 and 2 for 220 so I have an adaptor for square pin on the way from the bay. He said it worked and seemed like a decent enough oldish guy so I would think it should be OK.

He was selling it for £75 which is an absolute bargain, so as I said, very happy

Last edited by biosurf; 15 March 2010, 13:14.

Excellent buy for that money, ya cant go wrong with a Lister,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Looks good, very cheap. What do you need it for? I've heard very good things about Lister engines, but never heard their economy discussed - do you know how much they burn?
      Andy
      http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

Is the apocolypse coming so soon?
        Nice looking genny.. I will be interested to know how it goes on veg. 75 sounds like a complete bargain!
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
          Looks good, very cheap. What do you need it for? I've heard very good things about Lister engines, but never heard their economy discussed - do you know how much they burn?
          Need? Wellll... Need is such a strong word... More a case of want
          I guess part of it was I like the possibility or running my veg oil heating and filtering set up on veg otherwise it was really a case of 'it'll come in handy' which is probably the phrase which empties my bank more than any other

Would have been handy the day we lifted my truck though rather than the extension lead out of the window to the grinder in the p1ss1ng rain that Gra kindly presided over
          Not sure on economy, need to do some research.
          Last edited by biosurf; 15 March 2010, 19:14.

Comment

It will power the decks, lights and amps when you go raving in the farmers fields.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Wow that sort of money only normally gets you a baby genny, I used mine when we had a power outage in nov. to give us lights.
              Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                It will power the decks, lights and amps when you go raving in the farmers fields.
                Exactly what I thought !
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                X