BGF Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BGF Tyres

I need 3 new tyres (well, four if you include the spare!). I currently have BGF All-terrains 265-70-16.
    These tyres have been great. I've used them off road through sand and mud and over the chalky lanes in Dorking and have never once been stuck. Down in Borden I had no trouble following larger lifted trucks without problem.
    But, I think since I might as well buy a complete set of tyres, I was thinking of BFG mud-terrains. There is a surf around the corner from me that has these (not sure of the size as I havnt gone up to try and find out) But they look the part. The rubber bulges out from the Rim and makes the truck sit quite nice.

I've no idea how they are off road or on road though. Whats the opinion?

Comparing the size of these ones to mine, I would have thought these were around the 285-75 mark, although he has the standard 15" surf alloys.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

go and ask him and see you can have a test drive up and down the street. The worst he can say is no
    Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie.t View Post
      go and ask him and see you can have a test drive up and down the street. The worst he can say is no
      I only know him in passing, I dont have his phone number anymore..
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Muds will wear faster on the street, quite a bit faster.

But they look better, get muds.
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
          Muds will wear faster on the street, quite a bit faster.

But they look better, get muds.
          How much is quite a bit faster? I only drive at weekends, and these BFG A/T's have lasted over 4 years! I would have thought the rubber has started to loose its construction by now.. Plus, there is marks like knife gouges in the tread where I assume I have slipped on rocks?
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

My last set of MT's lasted about half as long as an AT, with plenty of road use.

They were Pirelli's though, not BFG's

Loads better off road though
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

how much mud are you going to be in mate? why not get some general grabber at 2's brilliant on the raod and i have not got stuck in the mud or snow with them
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I have had my MT's on permenantly for about 3 years and i would say they are about 1/2 worn but no more.I have been doing a lot of long distant driving aswell in that time and i think the tyres have lasted very well
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The only problem ive heard with full on mud tyres that there a hell of a lot more noisy on the road and what are the tyres you have stormforce

Comment

Hi mate, I have BGF muds and they are great on and off-road, Like any muds they can be slippy if you drive like a kid in the wet but I forget they are muds, had them for about 2 years and they are wearing very well.

If your off to borden again pop in and have a gander I am on the way.
                    Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by rob24 View Post
                      The only problem ive heard with full on mud tyres that there a hell of a lot more noisy on the road and what are the tyres you have stormforce
                      mine are 33x12.5x15 Khumo Venture but i think the kl71's are the new ones tho
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

do you need a lift with that size its just mine have been on for about 3 years and have about half tread left they are maxxis 751 tyres and there quiet as anything the mud tires look awsome tho are they a quiet ride

Comment

Hi, I took a look at the tyres again and the size he has is 325 / 60 / 15

I dont think I can get those tyres for a 16" rim?
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

These are the exact tyres
                            Attached Files
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

they look a bit odd on that rim!!

Comment

Working...
                              X