Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Forum, Looking for Surf

Hey Guys
    I'm new to the forum, just killed my Vauxhall Vectra and decided to get a Surf
    Looking high and low for a good deal at the moment so if anyone comes accross one please let me know
    looking arround the £2000 Mark at my Budget could probably shift up a small amount

Regards, Clinton
    3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

.:one::.
    Big Sound System (100 Infinity 6x9's Boxed :: 2 JBL GTO 14" 255w Subs)
    Bull Bars (Slightly Customized)

.::To Do::.
    Tires MT 33's
    Snorkle
    4" Lift
    Tow Bar
    Wind Deflectors
    Spoiler (Front & Back)

hi welcome.

Keep an eye on the Surfs for sale section on here.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Hi and welcome. How did you kill the vectra..gun, strangulation..however you did it well done.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hi & welcome to the home of insane surfers!

Alan
        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Thanks guys looking forward to being a member

Just got my Surf well a 4-runner
            V6 wohoo its fun. just gota get it off the road now
            3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

Tires MT 33's
            Snorkle
            4" Lift
            Tow Bar
            Wind Deflectors
            Spoiler (Front & Back)

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
              Hi and welcome. How did you kill the vectra..gun, strangulation..however you did it well done.
              My missus' folks used to have a Vectra (company car so they had it for a couple of years from new). The suspension died a death when some bolts sheared apart.

Comment

Ive still got my vectra sadly, that died last summer but for some strange reason i repaired it, full engine rebuild, new pistons, rings, valves etc.
                was it the z22se (2.2) engine by any chance? the money i ploughed into it would have bought a nice surf, if i couldnt do the work myself it would have been in the scrapyard a long time ago.
                My brakes dont work, so i made the horn louder.

Comment

welcome dude
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Glad to see you managed to find one but,

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Hi mate, best join the queue.Been looking for a while and while there are many about, a good one is not easy to find.This forum is excellent but its ultimately you that has to make the final decision.I have looked at several locally, they were ok but over priced. Most decent surfs look good but appearances are deceptive.Unless you buy from this forum you are taking a risk.Its all to easy to say yes when viewing and live to regret your haste.So be prepared to wait and dont rush into anything . I have £2k to spend and its burning a hole in my pocket,ebay is full of surfs but always view before you bid.You will also have to be prepared to travel as they are scattered all over the country.Personally i want a 3L but would take a minter 2.4 with replaced cyl head. Its a ###### mine field, but finding your way through is fun and part of the challenge to own one of these super motors. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Hi mate, best join the queue.Been looking for a while and while there are many about, a good one is not easy to find.This forum is excellent but its ultimately you that has to make the final decision.I have looked at several locally, they were ok but over priced. Most decent surfs look good but appearances are deceptive.Unless you buy from this forum you are taking a risk.Its all to easy to say yes when viewing and live to regret your haste.So be prepared to wait and dont rush into anything . I have £2k to spend and its burning a hole in my pocket,ebay is full of surfs but always view before you bid.You will also have to be prepared to travel as they are scattered all over the country.Personally i want a 3L but would take a minter 2.4 with replaced cyl head. Its a ###### mine field, but finding your way through is fun and part of the challenge to own one of these super motors. Good luck.
                        IMHO if you ever drive a 2.4 then jump in and drive a 3.0 you would never buy a 2.4.

ectraz: Well done on finding a v6, nice to be a bit different hope you have many happy miles in it mate
                        Last edited by yoshie; 20 March 2010, 13:38.
                        Brian

Comment

Hi an welcome
                          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Ello and welcome

peace
                            cal
                            Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

I baught the V6 3.0 4runner

Has every MOT from when it was made
                              its mint inside and out no marks or wear slight scratch that will polish out on the front wing,

brand new radiator, starter motor and exhast, 4 new tyres just had a full service, 6months left on mot 6months tax, leather interior (MINT) but green :S

every piece of paper work from when it was made 115'000 on the clock

think i got a good deal from a dealer £1750

pics to follow
                              3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

Tires MT 33's
                              Snorkle
                              4" Lift
                              Tow Bar
                              Wind Deflectors
                              Spoiler (Front & Back)

Comment

Working...
                              X