BEWARE - Black Ebay Surf for sale in Andover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.4x4web.co.uk/4sale_4x4.html

Here's an other in case anyone actually wants a project.
    Matt

Comment

Q: Hi, I know a lot of surfs have problems with the electrics in the tail gate, is the rear demister and rear window winder working properly? Thanks
      A: Hi there. Yes both are working.

Wow. If the window is stuck down, that's some answer.

Hopefully anyone going to view it will get a heads up from the questions. Sadly he probably thinks we're showing lots of interest...
      Andy
      http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

To be fair, he has done a reasonable job of steam cleaning the engine!

Comment

Originally posted by virgo View Post
          Every panel scratched or dented.
          Chrome peices dented to hell and rusty.
          rear window wont go up.
          Interior smells like a horse and a bit tatty.
          Engine sounds knackered, and has misfire & bad oil leak.
          Rusty chassis, looks as its been bashed around quite a bit.
          Poor repair of a frontal accident.
          4 bald tyres.
          Virgo
          I have just found this post after searching the forum for somthing and realised that the "unfortunate" that bought this motor,without the "benefit" of the forum was my mate!

Whilst I agree with some of Virgos comments he gave this truck a very unfair appraisal!

The body work is fair to moderate for its age with some scratches and some dents

The chrome has some dents and some rust

Rear window goes up and down quickly and smoothly,but does'nt go up on the key

Considering age of vehicle, the interior is in good nick. Smell???

Engine is clean and runs fine.No mis-fire! The engine oil leak is in fact a small power steering fluid leak from a split tube under the resevoir!

Rusty chassis??? you should see my runner mate!!!

Paintwork Has a light orange peel on the bonnet but is sound!

One front tyre on limit, one front tyre below limit,rears 5mm+.

Yeh the backside is saggy!!

The first trip after purchase was a 12 hour 600 mile trip home, No dramas!!

Since he bought the truck I have personally pasengered over 500 miles, the truck has covered 2000 miles++ and is in daily use,and all this with a knackered engine!!!!
          Virgo missed the fact that the Wash/wipe don't work!

I think this is a lesson in that one mans expectations are quite different from the next.
          You need to be realistic when buying a 16 year old truck for a couple of grand. I've been round the block a couple of times with regards buying "Old Bangers" and know that if you want a clean fault free,new smelling, unscratched,un-dented truck,you take your suitcase of cash to Toyota and buy a new one

Incidently the final sale price was negotiated some £300 to take the "faults" into consideration.

I hope I don't go on to eat my own words,but for now he's enjoying owning this duffer and his wife loves it!!!

Regards

Comment

I suppose the saying one mans rubbish is another mans treasure goes here?
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Think the whole point was guy was saying how great the Surf was with no damage scratches etc, obviously not true and advertised incorrectly. Which reminds me is the ABS working OK ?????
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Thanks for the feedback S CAR GO, although i think you've missed my point...

I called up the seller & i asked in depth about the cars condition, which he described as being mint. I covered everything from chromework, electric, body etc ( being picky as i am..! ) . I bluntly told him i was after a mint example & told him i didnt want to waste my time if i turned up to find a banger...

My point was to warn members & save them time & effort of a wasted journey on the word of a dishonest / desperate / ignorant seller...

On the note of my assesment, having very wide experience of old bangers myself, i think my judgement was extremely fair (ie very badly worn inner walls of the rear tyres??? Unless he changed them...). I do hope i'm wrong, and it serves your friend well with no problems.

Also, mint examples are around for much less than what that guy was asking for. I should know...i picked one up a few days later...

Comment

Fair play Virgo!
                  Yeh I would certainly not agree that the truck is mint by any stretch,and if I'd travelled to see what i thought was a minter and was confronted with that, I like you would have been pi**ed off as well. Probably as said above one mans meat is another mans poison! Hey, anyway,really its got shite all to do with me I got myself a 4 Runner also in better nick,and a grand cheaper than he paid!!!
                  Regards

Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X