Smashed rear window??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smashed rear window??

Some little scrote has smashed the rear back window on my scrapper. I have no battery power to the window mech( no battery). How do I get the boot open?

Is there an over ride on the door lock so I can force it open. I am not worried about damage as all I want to do is remove the back light units and the rear window motor. I have cleared the glass and pulled the window rubbers out so I can see inside where the lock is...

Any help appriciated

Cheers
    Mark

if you got a spare battery and some wire then connect direct to the motor of the window.The only other way is to strip the mechanism out so you can unlock the tailgate to drop it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

You can remove the motor from inside the boot and then push the mech fully down. Then you should be able to open the tailgate.

Edit: or do what Richard suggested

Comment

There are two mechanical interlocks, which if removed let you open the door without the glass being lowered all the way.

On mine they are fitted into blue / green plastic fitments

Hope pic below helps

My other cars a QUAD
        (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
        http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          if you got a spare battery and some wire then connect direct to the motor of the window.The only other way is to strip the mechanism out so you can unlock the tailgate to drop it
          Will rember that one, cunning. Was trying to avoid lugging a battrey around. Thanks Rich

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
          You can remove the motor from inside the boot and then push the mech fully down. Then you should be able to open the tailgate.

Edit: or do what Richard suggested
          That's what I needed to know, Cheers Wishbone

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
          There are two mechanical interlocks, which if removed let you open the door without the glass being lowered all the way.

On mine they are fitted into blue / green plastic fitments

Hope pic below helps
          sv1000spilot that says a thousand words, thanks for taking the time to do the pic

Cheers All

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X