No announcement yet.

Aaaah. I should have read the message!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaah. I should have read the message!

First post must be in the new users section; that's why I couldn't reply to the member selling his SSR-G Gen 3 Intercooled beast. So desparate to get hold of him I lost the ability to read. Hey ho! Anyway, here I am, newly enrolled as a Surf fan. I have to admit I always looked down my nose at imports before; tempted but always frightened by the parts and insurance worries put about in the 90's. Then I decided I needed a pickup for my hobby which could do my daily 40 mile commute and take the family out. However, it would need to be reasonably comfortable, reasonably quick, have to have a back on it and a sunroof (don't ask!). After looking at overpriced Double cabs ("£5000? But it's 200k miles, with wind up windows, mate!") I had a revelation. They already make just what I need! Then I drove one....well, here I am. I want one. Just missed out on one round the corner on ebay, but then I saw Mr Finn's. Please, please can I have it!?
    Matt

Hi and welcome to the forum
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Neal

Comment

Welcome !

take your time look at a few,don't tell people you are desperate or sharks like me come along and vastly over price my Surf and won't haggle
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Vastly undervalued, like Finn's, is more my cup of tea.

My '91 SWB Landcruiser is being resuscitated at the moment, but I am not hopeful of it's chances. Having just got it through the MOT last week it may have something terminal. Or at least uneconomic. Are there any bits that can be switched on to a Gen 3 surf? I guess wheels are universal but most cars come with them these days.

I have heard the rear axle can come in useful, which would give me a LSD rear. Worth the trouble? Seats seem to be better in the LC too.

Matt
          Matt

Comment

Working...
          X