What you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you think?

Hey all, just wondering what you think of new spots?

http://www.glowfoto.com/viewimage.ph...=2010&srv=img6

I'm worried they look to small for the surf, they are chrome so do match the surf somewhat... just the size of 'em that puts me off.

TBH most chrome spots are crap and rust up in no time! Keep them well polished if you want them to last and make sure the seals are okay as once the water gets inside them it's a disaster.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

They are the same ones I have; I have 6 in total, 2 on the front bar and 4 across the roof.
      I've had them 8 months and they are rusty as hell and the water gets in so the reflectors are also rusty and the leds for the angel eyes have gone too.

From now on I will only get actual stainless or plastic.

On the plus side, they do look good for a while though.

Thanks,

Ray.
      I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

They do look a bit lost in there. What size are they ?

Comment

Had these on for around 3 years and they are still as good as the day i got em, they are stainles and were from roughtrax at about £25 a peice, the angel eyes still work, the smaller 3" on the roof and the 2 fogs are also stainless and still good, they were from "powerfull UK" 2for £25, avoid chrome ones especially the ones on ebay, plastic or s/s,
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

My ones are 6", i'll see how they go, anyone tried spraying with a lacquer or something similar?

i like the 4 spots on the bull bar, may see if i can fit more on mine. smaller ones on top look good too.

Comment

9" Britax, finest plastic but they still look good and boy are they bright!

Comment

That looks good Jim, bet there bright, quite a good lay out, 2 up 2 down,
                nice one.
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                  nice one.
                  Only way I could get them to fit in the bull bar, Ian. Happy with the way they look though.

The only other option was 3 in a row and I didn't like that set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                    9" Britax, finest plastic but they still look good and boy are they bright!

Awsome truck mate! I love the black paint job. Nice one.
                    Windows 7 was my idea!

Comment

Originally posted by surrey-surfer View Post
                      Awsome truck mate! I love the black paint job. Nice one.
                      Thank you, but alas my friend, it isn't black it's dark blue. The whiteness of the snow sort of made my camera over expose so that the truck appears black!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter09 View Post
                        Hey all, just wondering what you think of new spots?

http://www.glowfoto.com/viewimage.ph...=2010&srv=img6

I'm worried they look to small for the surf, they are chrome so do match the surf somewhat... just the size of 'em that puts me off.
                        I think they look good. Don't know why, I think there's a recent fashion for small, bright lights that this fits. If they are good, light up brightly enough and don't rust to a puddle, I like them.

Scorpion, those low ones look pretty vulnerable... I take it you wouldn't want to take that anywhere too rough without guards on?
                        Andy
                        http://www.surfingafrica.net

Comment

nice one.
                          Rally cross style I like! Although I've always liked that surf. I usually nick the photos he put's up, and use them as my PC background.
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Had these on for around 3 years and they are still as good as the day i got em, they are stainles and were from roughtrax at about £25 a peice, the angel eyes still work, the smaller 3" on the roof and the 2 fogs are also stainless and still good, they were from "powerfull UK" 2for £25, avoid chrome ones especially the ones on ebay, plastic or s/s,
                            Popeye - the spots you're on about that you got from Roughtrax, are they these one's? Stainless steel Baja Eagle Eye 6" spot lamp. (http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=&vid=24)
                            Or are there any others on there? I can't seem to find any apart from those... hmmm
                            Sarah xx

Comment

Originally posted by adpsimpson View Post
                              Scorpion, those low ones look pretty vulnerable... I take it you wouldn't want to take that anywhere too rough without guards on?
                              Picture angle may be deceiving mate, I've had the truck down some pretty steep stuff and the spots were okay. Mind you if you're hoofing it down anything too steep you'll come a cropper with whatevers sticking out the front.

Like the tortoise and the hare, slow and steady wins the race, or in this case, slow and steady normally doesn't smash stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X