bulbs again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bulbs again

hi,read all about bulbs/ lamps and ordered some h4 xenom type off flea bay £2 odd, they arrived and i waited for a sunny day to swop em as it seems to be a bit of a do. Off i went battery off no prob, expansion off no prob, cover off no prob,clamp and rubber off no prob, swapped bulb noprob 5 mins,then stood back and said that was a piece of #### whats all the fuss about then thought betta test em b4 i put all of it back. again no probs great so moved onto drivers side again 5 mins no probs but in my rush put it all back together with out testing, to my shock yes you guessed it didnt work, hong kong fuey strikes again more fleabay cheap shite. put me old one back in in a huff seen me arse!!!!!!!!
    anyway off now to order two more as there not bad ha ha
    just havin a rant tarar 4 now

Get some Osram Nightbreakers.
    I heard about them from various people here and so I go them.
    I was lucky as I have a pre-facelift truck and so swapped the headlights to some new Crystal ones too and now I have quite literally amazing headlights!
    The bulbs are rated as +90% light and +10% whiteness.

A lot of people charge about £20 for a pair of Nightbeakers but I got mine from eBay from a UK seller, next day for £9.25!

You won't regret it!

Thanks,

Ray.
    Last edited by lord_flashart; 4 March 2010, 22:30.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

I was gonna say that but couldn't be arsed !

They use no more power than bog standard 55/60's but the light output is really impressive - I run them on my Fawkus and when I've used all the normal H4's got lying around I'll get some for the Surf

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

I found it was really worthwhile doing the loom upgrade with the new bulbs - the standard Toyota headlight loom really isn't up to the task.

Comment

Info on that can be found at;
          http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...%20Upgrade.pdf if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Ray.
          I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Working...
          X